524 Oak Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Streamline Moderne
David and Pam Scott have transformed this old theater into the Graham’s entertainment hotspot. By restoring the city’s historic National Theater, they built an entertainment complex that has revitalized the downtown area.
The National Theater first opened in 1920. The Scotts purchased the National Theater in 1990 and soon added two additional screens, a video arcade, a pizza shop, a miniature golf course, and a 1950’s-themed restaurant.
Before the transformation, the 81-year-old theater was an eyesore of dilapidation. The Scotts bought the theater for $50,000 and quickly spent an additional $100,000 restoring the National. The theater re-opened in November 1990. And in 1993, it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Since the theater was doing so well, they decided to purchase the building next door and install a second screen, restaurant, and a mini-golf course.
Since the reopening, money has poured into downtown Graham, with over $6 million spent in renovations.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.