Fairborn Twin Cinemas
34 S. Broad Street,
7 people favorited this theater
The Fairborn Theatre was opened by Chakeres Theatres in 1948 and was the chain’s 47th theater. The Fairborn Theatre was twinned in the early-1970’s. Chakeres closed the Fairborn Twin Cinema in November 1999 with “Three to Tango” and “Runaway Bride”.
Chakeres donated the Fairborn Twin Cinema in 2002 for a community arts group who plan to restore Fairborn to a single screen theatre but have been delayed several times. The theatre needs a new roof, plumbing going from the street to the building, new plumbing throughout the theatre, new heating and cooling, the marquee is in need of TLC, and there is a major pigeon problem, just to name a few things wrong with the Fairborn Theatre.
The cost is reported to be around $5-6 million dollars, so we will have wait to see what happens. The Fairborn Theatre was a beautiful theatre, but 15 years of neglect by Chakeres and over five years of abandonment have not helped.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater