1481 W. Riverdale Road,
9 people favorited this theater
The Cinedome 70 had two domed auditoriums, one with 791 seats, the other with 738 seats and both with 70-foot curved screens. The theater opened May 15, 1970. It was built by the Tullis and Hansen families, who operated the theater until it was leased to Plitt Theaters in 1985.
In recent years, the theater fell into disrepair. Cineplex Odeon and Cinemark built new multiplexes in nearby Layton and Ogden, which caused attendance at Cinedome to drop. In anticipation of Cineplex Odeon’s impending bankruptcy, the owners terminated their lease with Cineplex Odeon on February 5, 2001 and tried to find new management for the theater.
Plans were proposed to convert the Cinedome into a private club with a liquor license, called the Rock ‘n’ Rodeo. At night, the theater would be a dance and concert hall. During the day, it would show second-run movies. This never happened and the Cinedome 70 was demolished in October 2010.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater