Kimble's Peak Three
115 E. Pikes Peak Avenue,
4 people favorited this theater
Opened as the Peak Theatre in 1935, it was built for the Westland Theater group and had 400 seats. They showed first run movies. It was remodeled in 1949/1950 to the plans of architect Robert O. Bol;ler of architectural firm Boller Brothers. It was remodeled again in the early-1960’s. The auditorium’s main feature were beautiful scenes of the Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak highlighted by backlight. Their main film suppliers were Disney, Columbia, Republic, Monogram and others. They were still running a kids Saturday matinee until the mid-1960’s. When the Westland group went out of business, the Peak Theatre was sold to Commonwealth Theatre. It was eventually turned into a $ house showing re-runs. It was closed in 1988 and was the last downtown theatre.
In 1998, an entrepreneur Kimball came along to show movies the other majors would not touch. His venture was so successful, he had to build a wall between the main auditorium and the balcony and add a second screen. In 2012 he added a third screen in an area where old offices used to be on the second floor near the front of the building. He also remodeled the marquee and it puts out quite a light show at night. The theatre also has a coffee, expresso and wine bar attached to the main lobby. The Twin Peak features independent and foreign films. It also screens some select mainstream films.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater