1271 Second Avenue,
9 people favorited this theater
The Loew’s New York One Two, later known as the New York Twin, opened on March 2, 1979 with “Norma Rae” and “Fast Break” in the two auditoriums in the basement of a high rise apartment building. In 1996, each auditorium sat 460 people. Loew’s, which for awhile renamed their theatres Sony before resuming the Loews name, ceased operating the theatre in May 2002.
Having departed from its nearby single screen theatre, the Gotham Theatre, Crown Cinemas became the movie operator on October 11, 2002.
In May 2005, Crown was replaced by Clearview Cinemas. Following the June 2005 closing and eventual demolition of Clearview’s single screen Beekman Theatre, Clearview renamed the theatre Beekman One & Two.
On July 2, 2007, Clearview departed, and the theatre closed. On October 23, 2008, the theatre reopened as an independent art house named Beekman Theatre. As of 2009, City Cinemas became the new movie operator of the Beekman Theatre and the Paris Theatre, both of which are owned by the same landlord.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater