413 Center Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Bowie Theatre opened March 28, 1941 with Rita Hayworth in “The Strawberry Blonde”. Seating was provided for 849 in orchestra and balcony levels. This was a really nice Art Moderne-style theatre, built for and operated by the Interstate Theatres Corporation, although listed in 1943 as being operated by Paramount Pictures Inc. through their subsidiary Hoblitzelle & O'Donnell. The building inclined down from the front to the stage house. The theatre had a small stage.
The front of the building and the side was done in a beige color with cocoa brown stripes that ran around the top of the building in the front and down the side. The lower portion of the front under the marquee was done in the same brown colors as the striping along the top of the building.
The theatre closed on February 12, 1974 with Tom Laughlin in “Billy Jack”. It became a custom picture frame shop. In recent years it has become a hospice.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater