UTCA Working Feverishly To Secure Funding For The Uptown
CHICAGO, IL — The Uptown Theatre and Center for the Arts is working at breakneck speed to gather enough funds to purchase the palatial Uptown Theatre by October 4th. UTCA officials will be all over the radio in the coming days getting the word out to the public on:
- WUSN-FM 99.5 FM, on Sunday, 9-29-02 between 6-7 AM
- WNND-FM 100.3 FM on Sunday, 9-29-02 from 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM
- WLUW-FM 88.7 FM, on Friday, 10-04-02 at 2:30 PM.
- WBEZ-FM 91.5 FM, will air a report on or about 10-04-02
The group is also seeking any donations and recently sent in the following message:
The time to donate is now. We have only [ONE WEEK] left to raise the remaining funds to take ownership and begin restoration of this national treasure.
Your donations are secured in a bank account we opened solely for the purchase of the Uptown Theatre: “Uptown Theatre and Center for the Arts – Building Purchase Account.” If we do not close on the building, all monies will be refunded.
There are a number of ways to give:
- Online donations: www.uptowntheatrechicago.com (click on DONATE to the left and fill in the form)
- Mail checks to our office: Uptown Theatre and Center for the Arts, 4707 N. Broadway, Suite 315, Chicago, IL 60640
- Wire money into our deposit-only account, named “Uptown Theatre and Center for the Arts Building Purchase Account”: Harris Trust and Savings Bank, 111 W. Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60603, Phone # (312)461-2121, Routing #071025661, Account #2960228589.
Time is of the essence. Be a part of the 2nd chapter of the Uptown Theatre and help “Bring Back the Brilliance!”