Fox Theatre Seeks Partner(s)

posted by EdwardRytman on January 18, 2006 at 4:02 am

CRESTVIEW, FL — Looking for a short term investor or other to help in the renovation of this FOX THEATRE. The name has been retained and is incorportated in the State of Florida.

Built in 1947, the Fox premiered the movie “12 O'Clock High.” The building location is on Main Street in downtown Crestview, Florida in the center of town. Crestview is located next to Eglin AFB where a lot of the filming was made as well as in Crestview. Gregory Peck was featured in local newspapers and played baseball with some of the local teams while filming here.

The theatre was closed in 1979 and I obtained it from the second owner. Due to local fire codes etc., I am looking for some help in bringing back to life this historical building. The theatre had a single screen and a larger stage has been added 20'X40'. With hopes of bringing it back to life, I plan on having live shows along with some movies and eats.

Crestview is a member of the Main Street Assocition and has made many improvments to its downtown area. One of the fastest growing cities in Florida, Crestview is located only a few miles from Destin, Fort Walton Beach and the Gulf of Mexico. If you are insterested, Contact name and number is: Edward M. Rytman Jr. (Mickey) (850)-974-4369 E-Mail:

Comments (23)

irvl
irvl on January 18, 2006 at 5:15 am

Good luck in restoring the Fox. I’m involved in the restoration of the Garden Theatre in Winter Garden, Florida. We Florida folks should stick together on theatre restoration issues.

Patsy
Patsy on January 18, 2006 at 7:39 am

Irv: Congratulations to you and other FL folks for putting your interest, energy and finances into restoring these wonderful old movie palaces for future generations to enjoy and to appreciate rather than demolish. Winter Garden is a beautiful quaint FL town and the addition of a restored theatre is a good thing!

irvl
irvl on January 18, 2006 at 4:36 pm

Thank you, Patsy. We appreciate your support!

EdwardRytman
EdwardRytman on January 21, 2006 at 7:21 pm

Just wanted to say Thanks to all the people that keep our historic movie places alive and want to join in on speaking out for their existance.

Mickey Rytman
Fox Theatre
Crestview Florida

HornerJack
HornerJack on January 21, 2006 at 8:27 pm

Suggest a campaign in which the loss of the theater is emphasised. The historic value of the town WILL be impacted by the loss of the structure. The value of preservation is the saving of at least one example of of a period in history.

Lex
Lex on February 5, 2006 at 6:09 pm

I used to live in Crestview and the only theatre was the “Fox”. I died laughing when I saw this…because every once in a blue moon- I check Crestview’s sites and sounds out…and came across this. I think it is fine if you want to re-establish a landmark; however I wonder…would you show “BrokeBack Mountain” or would the local Bible thumpers freak and ban it??? If it is anything like the old Crestview- and- judging by some forum I was just perusing…PROBABLY. If you lived here in NYC- you would probably have a lot of luck in restoring a landmark and having it artsy and such…but my recollection of Crestview was that the biggest event happening was Wednesday night at the baptist church…everyone getting saved after greasy fried chicken and cornbread. I was Catholic- that was considered an anamoly in that town. Anyway, like I said…saw “Jaws” at the Fox…Good Luck

Lex

robinsondk
robinsondk on May 20, 2006 at 4:37 am

I live in Crestview — have often driven by the Fox and wished someone had the money to restore it — heck, I wish I had the money! It would be a great addition to the city.

And Lex, it sounds as if you’ve been gone from Crestview a REALLY long time. “Brokeback Mountain” showed at the Cinema 3 here. There was no talk of a ban, no talk of boycott.

chansara905
chansara905 on September 15, 2017 at 6:23 am

very interesting keep posting.Horny

sowabi
sowabi on February 25, 2018 at 3:28 am

Thank you very much for the sharing! COOL..tree trimming Nassau

sowabi
sowabi on March 21, 2018 at 10:29 am

Positive site, where did u concoct the data on this posting? I’m satisfied I found it however, sick be returning soon to figure out what extra posts you incorporate. keyword position small seo tool

sowabi
sowabi on March 27, 2018 at 10:46 am

I felt extremely upbeat while perusing this site. This was truly exceptionally useful site for me. I truly enjoyed it. This was truly a warm post. Much obliged!. custom hoodies vancouver

sowabi
sowabi on March 28, 2018 at 9:43 am

decent bLog! its intriguing. much thanks to you for sharing…. free article spinner

tagoveniz
tagoveniz on March 29, 2018 at 12:36 pm

Incredible! It sounds great. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.. free proxy list

tagoveniz
tagoveniz on March 31, 2018 at 7:37 am

a debt of gratitude is in order for the tips and information..i truly welcome it.. Cat Litter Box review

tagoveniz
tagoveniz on April 12, 2018 at 4:55 am

rondreis a debt of gratitude is in order for the tips and information..

AsharSeo
AsharSeo on April 17, 2018 at 12:38 am

The post is composed in exceptionally a decent way and it contains numerous valuable data for me. miami dice

AsharSeo
AsharSeo on April 25, 2018 at 3:14 am

In the great pattern of things you secure an A+ with regard to effort and hard work. Exactly where you confused me personally was in all the facts. You know, it is said, the devil is in the details… And that could not be much more true at this point. Having said that, allow me say to you what did deliver the results. Your writing can be rather persuasive and that is most likely why I am taking an effort to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, even though I can easily see the leaps in reasoning you come up with, I am not confident of just how you seem to unite your ideas which in turn make your final result. For the moment I will subscribe to your position but hope in the near future you actually connect the dots much better.BEST FOREX TRADING

AsharSeo
AsharSeo on May 1, 2018 at 4:30 pm

You need to take part in a tournament for starters of the finest blogs on the web. I will suggest this website!voyance telephone

gakawil
gakawil on May 8, 2018 at 12:42 am

Howdy! Pleasant post! If you don"t mind let us know when I will see a postliminary! how many pages is 400 words

gakawil
gakawil on May 12, 2018 at 5:24 am

This is done on a drawbench—or, for the youngsters, by just yanking it through the plate with pliers. In a pinch you can make round wire by hammering. You bought a well-known branded jewelry item, and now you’re looking to resell it. How does the item fare in the secondary market? Does the brand’s consumer image translate to extra dollars for youLife style

gakawil
gakawil on May 13, 2018 at 3:07 pm

Great data on your website, thank you for setting aside an ideal opportunity to impart to us. Stunning knowledge you have on this present, it"s pleasant to discover a site that points of interest such a great amount of data about distinctive specialists. etilerspa.com

gakawil
gakawil on May 15, 2018 at 1:28 am

Good day. I discovered your online journal utilizing msn. This is an extremely elegantly composed article. I"ll make sure to bookmark it and return to peruse a greater amount of your valuable data. A debt of gratitude is in order for the post. I"ll certainly return. our nice thoughts

gakawil
gakawil on May 19, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Much obliged, that was a truly cool read! voyance immediate

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment