House Manager wanted for downtown Los Angeles movie theater
The ImaginAsian Center, a soon to be opened Asian American movie theater, is looking for a House Manager. This is a full-time position (40+ hours per week), with some nights, holidays, and weekends required.
The House Manager will oversee all aspects of theater operation- supervising the staff and managers, ensuring the theater is kept in top shape in addition to organizing the logistics for events such as film festivals and special screenings and assisting with programming for special screening events.
- Flexible schedule – must be able to work nights/days/weekends/holidays.
- Able to complete regularly assigned tasks and delegate responsibilities when necessary.
- Knowledge of Asian films is essential- Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian, etc.
- Reliable, responsible, dedicated, and able to communicate and work well with others.
- Great customer service skills
Previous movie theater management experience.
Cash handling, administrative and customer service experience.
Film (35mm) and video projection experience.
Inventory and payroll experience.
Must be able to start late by October.
Please send cover letter and resume to
No phone calls please.
Salary and benefits package (including health insurance)