Film Anniversaries celebrated at The Digital Bits

posted by Michael Zoldessy on December 24, 2013 at 7:55 am

Medium

Longtime Cinema Treasures contributor, Michael Coate, has been writing some wonderful pieces for The Digital Bits lately that we thought would be of interest to readers. As 2013 winds down, here are some of the significant anniversaries from the past year.

RETURN OF THE JEDI (30th anniversary)

IT’S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD (50th anniversary)

THE ROBE / CINEMASCOPE (60th anniversary)

Comments (9)

raysson
raysson on December 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Chris Utley: I can wait for Michael Coate’s retrospective on the 40th Anniversary of THE EXORCIST on Digital Bits.

Not to mention THE STING on its 40th Anniversary too.

Coate also has put his retrospective on the 40th Anniversary of George Lucas' AMERICAN GRAFFITI which is already on the Digital Bits site!

And coming soon from Micheal Coate:

“MY FAIR LADY” (50th Anniversary from 1964)

“MARY POPPINS” (50th Anniversary from 1964)

“A HARD’S DAY NIGHT” (50th Anniversary from 1964)

“BLAZING SADDLES” (The 40th Anniversary from 1974)

“CHINATOWN” (The 40th Anniversary from 1974)

“EARTHQUAKE!”/SENSURROUND (The 40th Anniversary 1974)

“THE TOWERING INFERNO” (The 40th Anniversary,1974)

“THE GODFATHER PART II” (The 40th Anniversary,1974)

“BEVERLY HILLS COP” (The 30th Anniversary,1984)

CinemarkFan
CinemarkFan on December 26, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Yeah, I really want to read Coate’s retrospective on “The Exorcist”. I thought about doing one myself, but I’ve been too tied up helping my parents over this week.

Mark_L
Mark_L on December 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Michael is the most thorough researcher I’ve ever seen. He works very very hard to make sure the information he prints is correct. He goes after details that many would ignore, such as what city a particular theatre might be located. Some are located in suburbs with names and boundaries that have changed over the years, and he looks long and hard to make the location correct. I enjoy his work and hope he continues with many more projects.

EricBurkholz01
EricBurkholz01 on February 26, 2019 at 9:01 pm

I love this post about the return of the Jedi, this has been one of my favorite star wars for so long. 30 + years and counting of some of the best possible coverage and cinema in the modern world! Just great!

sukalu88
sukalu88 on June 8, 2020 at 12:06 am

Great information, I would recommend it to my friends for them to check out. Thanks for sharing! If you have more time, please visit: paper io 2

mauricezaiss
mauricezaiss on March 15, 2021 at 10:24 am

In general, the Latin bride was raised in a latinwife culture that emphasizes the man in charge of everything, while the woman’s focus is on family and home.

watsonzz
watsonzz on June 7, 2021 at 8:46 pm

Your post content is being interested by a lot of people, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more good articles. Stickman Hook

anamarie
anamarie on August 18, 2021 at 4:44 am

Thank you for sharing this amazing post. keep up the great work

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment