“American Graffiti” Anniversary article at The Digital Bits

posted by Michael Zoldessy on August 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Longtime Cinema Treausres contributor Michael Coate, who most recently wrote about the Anniversary of “2001” has put together another thorough look back at a classic with his story on “American Graffiti” at the Digital Bits. Check out his list of engagements along with fun facts and review quotes in this conclusive piece on a moment in movie history 40 years ago.

Comments (6)

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on August 6, 2013 at 5:03 pm

What’s so significant about a 40th anniversary? Big celebrations are usually reserved for 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th.

Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois
Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois on August 8, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Michael Coate, don’t pay any attention to Doom & Gloom Tinseltoes he wouldn’t be happy if you hung him with a new rope, he needs to read a copy of the International Bestseller, “The Power of Positive Thinking” by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. All the work you put into this list and then his negative thinking!

Anyway I ALWAYS enjoy your lists, NO MATTER WHAT THE ANIVERSARY OR REASON! Besides I’m 71, if you had waited to 50 for “American Graffiti” I may not have been around to enjoy looking at it!!!! Thanks for not waiting!

StanMalone
StanMalone on August 8, 2013 at 3:02 pm

What’s wrong with a 40th anniversary article? I enjoyed it and in addition to being happy that I did not have to wait another 10 years for it who knows if any of us will be around in 2023? Ronald Reagan went to Normandy for the 40th anniversary of D-Day in 1984. Even I went to France in ‘84 and was impressed enough that I went back in '94 for the 50th. I seem to recall that I have a 40th anniversary DVD edition of the Sound of Music as well as a 45th anniversary Blu-Ray. They did not see the need to wait for the 50th.

StanMalone
StanMalone on August 8, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Bob: I was busy writing my comment while yours was posted, so I was gratified to see your last sentence agrees with my thoughts.

MPol
MPol on August 9, 2013 at 2:50 am

Imho, there’s nothing wrong whatsoever with a 40th-year Anniversary celebration/screening of a cool movie. I saw “American Graffiti” 40 years ago, when it first came out, and thought it was a pretty cool movie. I wouldn’t mind seeing that one again, at some point.

AlAlvarez
AlAlvarez on August 15, 2013 at 3:50 am

I think Warren just reverted to his old nastiness for a minute there. He will apologize or delete maybe?

Congratulations Michael on your great research. Love it!

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment