“American Graffiti” Anniversary article at The Digital Bits

posted by Michael Zoldessy on August 6, 2013 at 7:45 am

Longtime Cinema Treausres contributor Michael Coate, who most recently wrote about the Anniversary of “2001” has put together another thorough look back at a classic with his story on “American Graffiti” at the Digital Bits. Check out his list of engagements along with fun facts and review quotes in this conclusive piece on a moment in movie history 40 years ago.

Comments (5)

Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois
Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois on August 8, 2013 at 7:01 am

Michael Coate, don’t pay any attention to Doom & Gloom Tinseltoes he wouldn’t be happy if you hung him with a new rope, he needs to read a copy of the International Bestseller, “The Power of Positive Thinking” by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. All the work you put into this list and then his negative thinking!

Anyway I ALWAYS enjoy your lists, NO MATTER WHAT THE ANIVERSARY OR REASON! Besides I’m 71, if you had waited to 50 for “American Graffiti” I may not have been around to enjoy looking at it!!!! Thanks for not waiting!

MPol
MPol on August 8, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Imho, there’s nothing wrong whatsoever with a 40th-year Anniversary celebration/screening of a cool movie. I saw “American Graffiti” 40 years ago, when it first came out, and thought it was a pretty cool movie. I wouldn’t mind seeing that one again, at some point.

Al Alvarez
Al Alvarez on August 14, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I think Warren just reverted to his old nastiness for a minute there. He will apologize or delete maybe?

Congratulations Michael on your great research. Love it!

sukalu88
sukalu88 on June 8, 2020 at 12:07 am

Your post is great and engaging, the content is very practical, and gets people’s attention. Thank you for sharing. fireboy and watergirl

FelixTen
FelixTen on October 24, 2022 at 11:09 am

This is some great news. I love “American Graffiti” and it’s one of my favorite movies of all time. CBD Uses Thanks for sharing this great news with us. It is full of humor and fun, especially when Steve Martin plays his role as Toad.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment