“American Graffiti” Anniversary article at The Digital Bits

posted by Michael Zoldessy on August 6, 2013 at 7:45 am

Longtime Cinema Treausres contributor Michael Coate, who most recently wrote about the Anniversary of “2001” has put together another thorough look back at a classic with his story on “American Graffiti” at the Digital Bits. Check out his list of engagements along with fun facts and review quotes in this conclusive piece on a moment in movie history 40 years ago.

Comments (11)

Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois
Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois on August 8, 2013 at 7:01 am

Michael Coate, don’t pay any attention to Doom & Gloom Tinseltoes he wouldn’t be happy if you hung him with a new rope, he needs to read a copy of the International Bestseller, “The Power of Positive Thinking” by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. All the work you put into this list and then his negative thinking!

Anyway I ALWAYS enjoy your lists, NO MATTER WHAT THE ANIVERSARY OR REASON! Besides I’m 71, if you had waited to 50 for “American Graffiti” I may not have been around to enjoy looking at it!!!! Thanks for not waiting!

StanMalone
StanMalone on August 8, 2013 at 7:02 am

What’s wrong with a 40th anniversary article? I enjoyed it and in addition to being happy that I did not have to wait another 10 years for it who knows if any of us will be around in 2023? Ronald Reagan went to Normandy for the 40th anniversary of D-Day in 1984. Even I went to France in ‘84 and was impressed enough that I went back in '94 for the 50th. I seem to recall that I have a 40th anniversary DVD edition of the Sound of Music as well as a 45th anniversary Blu-Ray. They did not see the need to wait for the 50th.

StanMalone
StanMalone on August 8, 2013 at 7:05 am

Bob: I was busy writing my comment while yours was posted, so I was gratified to see your last sentence agrees with my thoughts.

MPol
MPol on August 8, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Imho, there’s nothing wrong whatsoever with a 40th-year Anniversary celebration/screening of a cool movie. I saw “American Graffiti” 40 years ago, when it first came out, and thought it was a pretty cool movie. I wouldn’t mind seeing that one again, at some point.

Al Alvarez
Al Alvarez on August 14, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I think Warren just reverted to his old nastiness for a minute there. He will apologize or delete maybe?

Congratulations Michael on your great research. Love it!

ctkramu
ctkramu on June 12, 2018 at 12:52 am

We are the website to publish Kerala lottery results as early as possible. we publish kerala lottery results very carefully and user-friendly. Status n Quotes lenny face

dragond
dragond on June 14, 2018 at 12:15 am

Online shopping is the best thing happened in recent times. Anyone can buy any product by just one click sitting in the comfort of your home. “Shopping” “Fashion” “Fashion Accessories

hnmedia
hnmedia on June 23, 2018 at 3:07 pm

Download Latest 2018 Hip Hop Songs Albums Videos Entertainment News | Download Latest 2018 Naija Nigerian Songs Albums Videos S.A Hip Hop Gqom music Ghana Songs | Download Latest 2018 Music | Download Latest Nigerian Naija Music Songs | Latest 2018 Davido Songs | Latest 2018 wizkid Songs Latest 2018 | Latest 2018 Tiwa Savage Songs | Latest 2018 Adekunle Gold Songs | Latest 2018 Olamide Songs | Latest 2018 Korede Bello Songs | Latest 2018 Oritse Femi Songs | Latest 2018 Lyta Songs | Latest 2018 Slimcase Songs | Latest 2018 Peruzzi Songs | Latest 2018 Mayorkun Songs | Latest 2018 Small doctor Songs | Latest 2018 2face Songs | Latest 2018 Tekno Songs | Latest 2018 Reekado Banks Songs | Latest 2018 kiss daniel Songs | Latest Shatta wale songs | Latest 2018 Sarkodie Songs | Latest 2018 Phyno Songs | Latest 2018 Wale turner Songs | Latest 2018 Reminisce Songs | Latest 2018 Yonda Songs | Latest 2018 Soft Songs | Latest 2018 Kidi Songs | Latest 2018 Kuami eugene Songs | Latest 2018 Victor Ad Songs | Latest 2018 Timaya Songs | Latest 2018 Mr Eazi Songs | Latest 2018 Yemi Alade Songs | Latest 2018 HarrySongs Songs | Latest 2018 Don Jazzy Songs | Latest 2018 Mr Real Songs | Latest 2018 Mr P Songs | Latest 2018 Rude Boy Songs | Latest 2018 Zoro Songs | Latest 2018 Selebobo Songs | Latest 2018 Patoranking Songs | Latest 2018 Spyro Songs | Latest 2018 Vector Songs | Latest 2018 Lil Kesh Songs | Latest 2018 Viktor Songs | Latest 2018 Emtee Songs | Latest 2018 Nasty C Songs | Latest 2018 Saudi Songs | Latest 2018 Fey Songs | Latest 2018 Professor Songs | Latest 2018 Lady Zamar Songs | Latest 2018 Cassper Nyovest Songs

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment