Washington, NC – New Washington movie theater opens

posted by ThrHistoricalSociety on February 13, 2017 at 10:51 am

From WITN.com: An eastern Carolina movie theater that shut down last year is back open under a new name and new management.

A new independent group called ‘Golden Ticket Cinemas’ purchased the old Carmike 7 in Washington after it suddenly closed in December.

Golden Ticket officially re-opened Friday with 7-theaters renovated with new screens and surround sound speakers.

The first customer in line for a 12:00 p.m. showing was given a free year-long movie pass and Golden Ticket GM Stoney Crouse says the company is thrilled to continue providing the area with the latest movies at the lowest prices.

Crouse says, “We plan on doing the same good customer service, if not better, definitely a lot of different choices when you’re coming in and absolutely better prices.”

Scott Askew was the first customer and says, “My first movie here was Pippi Longstocking as a class when I was in kindergarten and that would be 1979 and so we’ve lived here all our lives and I’ve seen every big movie, every Star Wars I saw here, so we’ve been here all our lives so it’s great.”

Crouse says that the theater will continue to renovate over the next year to improve the customer experience at the 40-year-old theater.

A regular price movie ticket will be $8.00 for adults with matinee showings for $6.00.

Story link, with video: http://www.witn.com/content/news/New-Washington-movie-theater-opens-413464603.html

ABOUT THEATRE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA: Founded by Ben Hall in 1969, the Theatre Historical Society of America (THS) celebrates, documents and promotes the architectural, cultural and social relevance of America’s historic theatres. Through its preservation of the collections in the American Theatre Architecture Archive, its signature publication Marquee™ and Conclave Theatre Tour, THS increases awareness, appreciation and scholarly study of America’s theatres.

Learn more about historic theatres in the THS American Theatre Architecture Archives and on our website at historictheatres.org

Comments (11)

Chatham on January 24, 2018 at 9:19 am

I’m very happy because this programming programming assignment help uk has opened again and I think that we can do something at this theatre and it will be an amazing thing to achieve.

AmeliaParry on February 17, 2018 at 5:18 am

AmeliaParry on February 17, 2018 at 5:18 am

Ernest12 on February 25, 2018 at 6:55 am

I was aware of opening and I think that it’s been a long time since the opening. I think that people will enjoy edu birdy more and will do something for it.

Daviel on March 9, 2018 at 7:03 am

Now, her boyfriend, Collins, seem to be fed up with the whole shenanigan, as he has deleted all her pictures from his social media page. apc

Daviel on March 10, 2018 at 6:51 am

This move by Washington DC is great because people can know what really Goldenslot and they are can go for it. I think that they are trying to do it for us in the end.

sowabi on March 15, 2018 at 10:38 am

I cherish the way you compose and share your specialty! Exceptionally fascinating and distinctive! Keep it coming! nub theory at 12 weeks

Ernest12 on March 15, 2018 at 11:26 am

I went to this theatre last week and I thought it is well-built. I learned about this new theatre from the tumblr marketing News outlet. I brought along a few of my friends to watch a movie at this theatre as I wanted to have a second opinion about this cinema. I’d say me and my friends agree this theatre is great.

sowabi on March 15, 2018 at 11:27 am

This one is great. keep doing awesome!..70s shirts

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment