Park Rapids, MN - Fire damages Park Rapids movie theater

posted by ThrHistoricalSociety on July 25, 2017 at 6:47 am

Medium

From Valley News Live: Investigators are looking for the cause of a fire at a well known classic movie theater in the Valley.

According to reports the marquee sign at the Park Theater in downtown Park Rapids caught fire Monday night.

The fire started about 7:00 p.m. and the Park Rapids Fire Department posted on Facebook for people to give them room on the busy street so they could do their job.

About two dozen people were in the theater at the time, everyone made it out safely.

Story link: http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/Fire-damages-Park-Rapids-movie-theater-436502363.html

ABOUT THEATRE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA: Founded by Ben Hall in 1969, the Theatre Historical Society of America (THS) celebrates, documents and promotes the architectural, cultural and social relevance of America’s historic theatres. Through its preservation of the collections in the American Theatre Architecture Archive, its signature publication Marquee™ and Conclave Theatre Tour, THS increases awareness, appreciation and scholarly study of America’s theatres.

Learn more about historic theatres in the THS American Theatre Architecture Archives and on our website at historictheatres.org

Large

Comments (16)

terrywade
terrywade on July 25, 2017 at 8:24 am

Looks like a electric neon type fire or was the marquee even on? Hope they can save the main theatre.

ted87
ted87 on March 11, 2019 at 3:34 am

thought he was all right, the fire was extinguished on time! 192.168.1.254

SkippingLegDays
SkippingLegDays on July 27, 2020 at 2:32 pm

Another historical gem lost due to negligence. Let’s try to keep our properties safe, people. Don’t leave open fires unattended and periodically check the condition of your wirings throughout the building. If you need somebody to restore your shop and make it look brand new, give www.commercialpaintersbrisbane.com a call.

SkippingLegDays
SkippingLegDays on October 4, 2020 at 2:42 pm

UPDATE: I passed by this theatre today and the place looks better now than it did before! I heard www.topconcretingballarat.com.au saw its potential, rebuilt the whole place, and made it look like it was only a week old. Cheers to them for restoring this piece of American theatre history.

SkippingLegDays
SkippingLegDays on December 17, 2020 at 3:21 pm

It’s already been 3 months and I still miss how the old theatre looks. Now that I think about it, this place was what we at fencingtoowoomba.com used to frequent almost every other Saturday.

MovieLover85
MovieLover85 on March 11, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Really enjoy old movie theaters, I used to go with my grandfather decades ago every Saturday!TeeSpring

He would alwaysgiveme raisinettes!

RukharRobson
RukharRobson on March 22, 2021 at 5:19 am

It’s a shame we lost another gem due to negligence. I’ll hit up my chaps at saweightlosshypnosis.com.au and see if we can do any charity event or fund a donation.

Lisa1812
Lisa1812 on April 15, 2021 at 7:57 pm

I told myself that it is necessary to live honestly. No matter what eyes other people look at me with, despite the negative world, I still have myself to believe in me t rex game

richie1
richie1 on May 20, 2021 at 6:13 am

dayum this gave me chills

richie1
richie1 on June 3, 2021 at 4:21 am

that is soo sad. nowadays, it seem like the cinema industry is dying.

Sunshine coast pavers Mackay concreting services

richie1
richie1 on June 9, 2021 at 3:00 am

the evolution of entertainment has been evolving ever since. From theatre plays to black and white films to cinema. Now, everyone is no longer watching movies in a theatre facility but just on their phone. How convenience changes over time just like when you about to have a tiles installation ipswich, and tiles installation cairns by concrete builders ipswich

richie1
richie1 on June 14, 2021 at 3:31 am

Change is inevitable as floor tiling geelong and sunshine coast paving service creates a new world for industry, just like how concreters bundaberg concreters gympie builds a new to make the building strong.

miraadora
miraadora on August 4, 2021 at 1:39 am

Your writings regarding this matter are right, perceive how I composed this site is extremely great. Kitchen restoration

miraadora
miraadora on August 4, 2021 at 1:40 am

There are a lot of blogs over the Internet. But I can surely say that your blog is amazing in all. It has all the qualities that a perfect blog should have. | shower conversion

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment