New York, NY – Landmark movie theater at Bjarke Ingels’s Via 57 West will open in September

posted by ThrHistoricalSociety on August 28, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Medium

From Curbed NY: As one Landmark movie theater—the beloved Sunshine Cinema on the Lower East Side—prepares to close in 2018, another one will open, albeit with a completely different vibe. The theater, called The Landmark at 57 West and situated on the ground floor on Bjarke Ingels’s West 57th Street courtscraper, is set to make its debut on September 15.

As we previously reported, the eight-screen theater will have a private bar, which will be called JD’s Place, along with design elements like a video wall and a special light display. As is de rigueur for movie theaters these days, the theaters themselves will be equipped with plush leather recliners, plenty of concessions (including ones from NYC purveyors like Two Boots and Fat Witch), and laser projection screens.

While a spate of high-end movie theaters have been opening or are in the works around the city—see the Alamo Drafthouse in Downtown Brooklyn, iPic Theaters at the Seaport, and the soon-to-open Nitehawk Cinema in Park Slope—there hasn’t been a new cinema in Midtown in some time. The new Landmark expects to fill that void, with a press release noting that it’s intended to “appeal to film aficionados and neighborhood movie-goers alike.”

But Landmark’s Lower East Side theater isn’t so lucky: the Sunshine Cinema has been in trouble for a few years now, and was dealt a blow in 2012 when the local community board voted against a plan that would have allowed the cinema to serve food and drinks. It’s likely going to turn into a mixed-use office-retail space after it closes next year.

Story link: https://ny.curbed.com/2017/8/25/16202032/midtown-west-landmark-theatres-bjarke-ingels-opening

ABOUT THEATRE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA: Founded by Ben Hall in 1969, the Theatre Historical Society of America (THS) celebrates, documents and promotes the architectural, cultural and social relevance of America’s historic theatres. Through its preservation of the collections in the American Theatre Architecture Archive, its signature publication Marquee™ and Conclave Theatre Tour, THS increases awareness, appreciation and scholarly study of America’s theatres.

Learn more about historic theatres in the THS American Theatre Architecture Archives and on our website at historictheatres.org

Comments (18)

terrywade
terrywade on August 30, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Thanks for the info. I wonder If this new cinema will just be small screens like so many new ones recently in NYC or will they have a few larger screens and seating? We will have to wait and see.

charmi1
charmi1 on December 27, 2019 at 2:23 am

Free Classifieds In Kolkata Make It Easier To Find Computer Classes

I am not here to tell you an inspirational story but perhaps about how you are mistaking when you are in school and not a clear examination in the first attempt.

When I was in school, I loved computers and by the help of free classifieds in Kolkata, I have found a channel that was providing online classes. I taught myself to program in higher secondary school and I thought I was absolutely good it. That is why I took admission into Computer Science at STCET (St. Thomas' College Of Engineering And Technology) and also doing a part-time job so that I can help my father financially.

I was not born in a rich family that is why I decided to help my father and by doing this, I wanted to lessen his burden. But I have the same enthusiasm at that time as well for computers. So, I have taken the decision to get enrolled in computer classes. I browsed the category of computer classes from free classifieds in Kolkata and found it near to N.R. Avenue where I was living.

In the beginning, I was having fun by doing coding and found myself busy but as time passed, I could not manage tuition, job, and college. The time was just not enough for me. And the effect was seen in my result. I didn’t get sufficient marks and as a result, I dropped out of college. I have applied to too many colleges but my marks were not good enough to get in.

At last, I matched the merit of one university and that was also found through free classifieds in Kolkata portal. And then I stuck to my study and completed my graduation. I preferred to apply for the jobs on my own rather than sitting in a campus interview. However, I couldn’t find one job.

My parents and elder sister were worried about me all the time. But I did not lose heart and tried until I get success. Besides, I applied to the company that not only focuses on marks but on testing knowledge, and that is Microsoft. And I was lucky enough to get a job at Microsoft. I have applied my skills over there which I have learned from computer classes. Since then, my career path is on line and getting many calls from top companies that are paying the highest salary package.

But, my goal is not to work in a company. I want to start my own company and that is why I took the help of free classifieds in Kolkata portal. I have posted requirements there and found not only employees but students also who wants to take training. Then I thought why not give training to the students as well? But for that firstly, I needed staff that’s why I hired both freshers and experienced people.

Now the company is doing great business, having more than 50 employees. Even I am thinking about opening another office where I can provide training to students. So, I will implement this plan in the near future and will take the help of free classifieds in Kolkata portal to attract students.

So set your motto and stuck with it until you get succeed!! https://kolkata.izydaisy.com/

charmi1
charmi1 on January 1, 2020 at 2:33 am

Post Free Ads in India and Promote Your Business Facebook, Google and YouTube, what do all of these prominent, yet completely varied websites have in common other than making millions of dollars every day? They are also advertising platforms, they earn their revenue not through their customers but through advertisements that target towards their customers. They also have another similarity, advertising on their platforms are not cheap by Indian standards. If you are a business trying to get a footing in the net sphere there are ways to get a word out without shelling out much needed currency. Free classified is not a new idea, it has been around for decades, Craigslist’s and olx of the world have created so many businesses out of thin air, even without a single penny invested into marketing. Some of you might not have an idea on how to post free ads in India, one fills out a form with all the relevant details about their business, uses the correct keywords and people who are looking for their services or product are bound to find them, it’s a simple enough concept right? Because of the simplicity of the concept, and because of the fact it’s completely free of cost billions of free classifieds go up on the internet each year. If you the reader are someone looking for ways to promote your business you are on the right track, I will tell you all the benefits of posting a free ad in India, and the best websites to do it on. Benefits of post free ads in India 1) It’s free – As the name suggests you don’t need to invest any capital to do it. 2) It’s Non-Technical – it’s a very simple process, you don’t need to crack C, C++ and Java to post an ad. You will need an average mastery over language, and the ability to click the mouse to post ad after the description is done. 3) Organic – It works based on Google searches, so your ads don’t appear on screens of those who have no intention of ever buying your product, they only show up when searched, so this method has the maximum probability to get converted into a sale. 4) Where can one post free ads in India? This is a very important question, and it’s relevant because there are so many platforms out there that posting on a not so prominent platform will get you no traction, the bigwigs in Indian classified space are definitely Olx and Quikr, the classifieds posted on them regularly feature in the first page of Google’s search list, and many users directly use those platforms to buy or seek out their desired products. Apart from the usual suspects there are newer and much improved platforms like www.izydaisy.com that is rapidly growing in strength. izydaisy or Daisy is a free classifieds platform that has been launched in 2016 in over 5 countries and since then they are rapidly growing and fighting to uncrown the undisputed masters in the classifieds space. https://www.izydaisy.com/

charmi1
charmi1 on January 6, 2020 at 2:57 am

Benefits Of Sports & Wellness Classes In India

People are nowadays becoming more digital so they end up getting a solution through the Internet. Whether they want to shop or pay a light bill, they get it all done at their palm. It’s good to become tech-savvy and save time but if you pay the bill by going to the office, it helps you lose some calories and you will become more active.

Still, if they do not see more changes, they are often unsure about what they should do to being fit. You just need to join Sports & Wellness Classes in India, it helps build a foundation and structure that can be used as a fuel for your health journey.

Whether you are a beginner or you just don’t have much fitness knowledge, going to the gym or doing some sports activities helps you achieve your desired goals. When you first step inside the building, you might be struggling to determine which exercise or sports activities to do, others simply don’t know how to do them.

1. Inspiration

It is inspiring and motivating to be surrounded by passionate and like-minded individuals. You will automatically get empowered while working with encouraging instructor and supportive people all working hard together. Sports & Wellness Classes in India is a great way to help motivate yourself and others to dig deeper and push harder in workouts.

2. Structure

Doing exercise with supportive people or participate in various sports activities is a great way to get a workout in without getting something off the ground. Each class is structured with a warm-up, hard and balanced workout, and a cool-down.

The warm-up will help to raise your heart rate properly while loosening your joints and muscles before jumping into the arduous workout. While Cool-down helps you lower your heart rate safely and stretch all the major muscles worked during activity. The instructor will coach you through each phase of the workout.

3. Right Form

The fitness instructor’s job is not only to show you the right form but also to ensure that everyone in the class executes each exercise in the right way.

Your muscles need to reap the most out of the exercise and also it eliminates potential injuries.

4. Diversity

Having a diversity or variety in your weekly workout of Sports & Wellness Classes in India helps you create muscle confusion, which keeps your appraising and ramps up your metabolism. It also helps prevent boredom. 5. Accountability

The provision of some Sports & Wellness Classes in India requires members to sign-up in advance, this is a great way to keep yourself accountable. Because if you’re signed up and it’s your own schedule, there is a good chance, you won’t skip it.

If your class doesn’t require you to sign up, find the leading classes that you want to take from Izydaisy and invite a friend or pencil it on your calendar.

6. Fun

If you are looking to add a little more spark and fun in your fitness life, the support of like-minded individuals may be just what you need.  There is no other way to motivate each other between the upbeat music and a great workout. It’s an enjoyable way to exercise!!

charmi1
charmi1 on January 6, 2020 at 11:28 pm

Importance of coaching institutes and English classes in India

Coaching is a popular approach and these days; it became as important and necessary as schools. The kids or adults typically want to upscale skills, learn new skills, prepare for new situations, and improve the performance areas. You rarely see a kid is doing something creative without the help of coaching. Be it studying, playing sports, learning musical instrument or joining dance studio in India. The coach education provides several services to help the kid and an individual improve his or her performance.

In this competitive world, English classes in India have become a resort for the betterment of student’s personal growth as well as his or her academic performances. We are seeing students committing suicide for not scoring more marks, especially high school and college students. So, izydaisy found a way to assist students for the best classes that own coaching license and attending these classes has now become routine.

You know what, a news report suggests that nearly 22,000 schools have two or fewer teachers in the 75,489 schools of Karnataka. The statistics also include private schools, 1767 schools have no teachers and shockingly, 45,000 teachers’ post is lying vacant. And the available teachers are overburdened with clerical work, have minuscule freedom, which in turn reduces the curiosity and motivation in teaching.

So, an alarm for the coaching classes is the migration of rural population to the urban areas. As per statistics, from 1960-2010, the rural population has decreased from 83.1% to 68.7% and the urban population has increased from 18.5% to 31.2%. It has made the dream of affordable and accessible English classes in India taken by the middle-class families who drive the nation. The parents fill the crunch of admitting their children into the leading classes that hold the coaching license in India.

Advantages

One of the best advantages of classes is that students’ community get guidance from the best brains in the field and use of technology, which helps in understanding the concepts clearly. Not only children but also an adult who wants to continue their education or want to pursue a hobby as a career, are put into classes with smaller student-teacher-ratio so they can receive individual care and grow personally. The coaching institutes or dance studio in India provide training for the specific entrance examination, which reduces the burden of the students and guides them in one place.

Moreover, students become more self-reliant and take action toward achieving goals, gain job and life satisfaction, involve himself or herself into the team project and the organization, take greater responsibility and accountability for actions and commitments and work more easily and productively with others.

The advantages of coaching classes are many, 80% of students who receive study report increase self-confidence, and with this 70% of people benefit from improved work performance, relationships, and more effective communication skills. As you can see, it provides an invaluable space for personal development so you should not underestimate the impact of coaching on students and employees as it creates a fundamental shift in their approach to their work.

Take one example into consideration, the employees who are struggling with low confidence shall be sent to the assertiveness course that helps increase self-confidence and enables employees to bring more of themselves into the workplace. As a result, the company will get a more resilient and confident team. https://www.izydaisy.com/classifieds/cat/Classes/1/0

charmi1
charmi1 on January 6, 2020 at 11:30 pm

My father died 2 years back and left me with an old restaurant that my great grandfather started with my grandfather 60 years ago. The restaurant has stood the test of time and still has a very small but loyal customer base who had been eating there for generations, but it has remained pretty much the same since it was started, it gets an occasional paint and repair job once every decade and that’s about it. I was a software engineer working with a corporate company, earning around 30 Grand a month, but I wasn’t happy with the job, the job was pretty close to modern slavery, and the kind of work I did there wasn’t satisfying for the soul. I wanted to take over my father’s business, but I knew nothing about restaurants and to make matters worse the restaurant wasn’t making enough dough for me to take care of my family’s finances, as newer more efficient competitors had cropped up everywhere. I wanted to develop my business, all the banks I approached for a loan were sceptical to say the least as the property that I wanted to attest for the loan, was slowly crumbling into pieces. One fine day I was sitting at my restaurant and going through all the feasible options available, when I noticed a strange trend, more and more people were starting to get parcels there, instead of walking into a restaurant to eat which made me realize that food is my commodity not the restaurant, so I decided to market my food specially and use the whole restaurant space to start a full-fledged delivery based cloud kitchen. We ran a Kerala cuisine restaurant in Chennai, which was highly in demand, I next wanted to market my product and service in a low but highly effective cost that made me turn toward free classifieds in India on the internet – Used by millions of people all over India. There are so many portals where one could place free classified ads such as Quikr, Olx, Izydaisy.com to name a few in the World. Within a few months of me placing those free classifieds in India websites and using the social media to create awareness about my business, orders came rushing into my roof. I previously was just making 20 Grand running the restaurant business but then just in a few months it turned into 70 Grand, later a profitable amount of 100 Grand a month, I had to quit my job, which I wanted to do for a very long time, hire more chefs and delivery men. Our business got so much traction that people even started asking for our franchise. It was my humble opinion that we were not ready for a franchise yet, but we did manage to start another branch on the other end of the city which is also working great with the help of classifieds, and now I have incorporated YouTube marketing to the mix. We now have our own dedicated food channel that drives more consumers to try our products. I have also started learning to cook, I help out in the kitchen occasionally, for the first time there is nothing much to complain about in my life, free classifieds in India has converted me from miserable to satisfied. https://www.izydaisy.com/

Janinca
Janinca on March 20, 2020 at 12:44 am

Your goal to help creates and grows powerful, meaningful thoughts to everyone. You do all the research and brainstorming at your best – building an awesome read people want to keep and see every now and then. Your honest, unbiased thoughts will help you make an informed decision on which best meets readers' needs.

We are licensed and qualified plumbers in Lake Forest and we offer full plumbing services. We handle all installations, repairs, replacements as well as plumbing maintenance. If you are need of Lake Forest plumbing services, give us a call and we will not disappoint you. We have been in the business for several years and all our customers have established that we are dependable. We offer our services to both commercial and residential clients. We offer emergency plumber Lake Forest services and we will not charge you extra.

We offer comprehensive Lake Forest plumbing services are very competitive prices. We do everything that relates to plumbing and we do it properly. All our services are guaranteed and we only use quality parts and fixtures. Never settle for low-quality plumbing services, with the hope of paying a lower price. This will end up being costly, in the long run, and may not serve you as you expect it. We are looking forward to helping you with the next plumbing project that you may have. We offer all plumbing services that you may think of, including:

We offer all plumbing services that you may think of, including:

Drain Cleaning Sewer Lines Video Camera Inspection Toilet Repair Water Heater services Grease Trap Backflow Services Water Jetting Excavation Leak Detection Frozen Pipes Pipe Bursting Pipe Relocation Pipe Lining Washing Machine repair Sink Repair Faucet Repair Garbage Disposal Repair Sump Pump Shower Repair Dishwasher Installation Emergency Plumbing

What do you need help with?

plumbers in lake forest

Janinca
Janinca on March 20, 2020 at 12:50 am

The objective of improving through builds and grows powerful, meaningful minds. Again you are doing all the thinking and looking for ideas at your best–creating up a really good read people every now and then want to keep searching. Your frank, analytical observations will help you make an educated decision that best serves the interests of the audience.

You may check this out! Get your phone ringing with ready to buy customers. Stop worrying about your website & online marketing – we’ve got you covered!

Get More Leads. Close More Sales. We turn your website into an effective lead generation asset. Leverage digital marketing to meet the needs of today’s audience and yield higher profits. End the stress of your web presence and grow your business.

We use data, strategy & uncovering what really works in your industry and what doesn’t. We’ll then utilize your website, SEO & Google Ads campaigns to ensure you show up every time consumers search for what you provide.

Whether it’s a website built to generate more leads, a search engine optimization campaign or digital ad campaigns; increase your brand awareness, connect with your ideal audience & generate sustainable revenue.

Your website is the foundation of everything you do online. Without a great looking (and functioning) website in today’s day and age, you can kiss attracting those new customers goodbye. We take the headache out of website design with our 15 years of experience designing for the web.

Getting found online is one of the most important pieces of marketing you can do for your business in 2019. Through a process of quality SEO techniques, on-site optimization, and content marketing, you will stand out in search results and get your business chosen SEO is the perfect solution for businesses who want to be found by their target market and achieve new levels of growth with measurable results.

SEO Bellingham

Janinca
Janinca on March 20, 2020 at 12:58 am

Its intention of supporting growing provides and evolves positive, substantive reflections.

Call Now: (210) 405-0728 If you live in Spokane, we are the go-to company for all professional waste management solutions. We have been serving this community with our services and we are the best company for dumpster rental Spokane, WA. We have been the leading company for a long time and our reputation speaks for itself. We are known for fast and reliable deliveries and we have a very wide coverage area. We have dumpsters in different sizes and when you come to us, we will certainly help you make the right choice. Our dumpster rental services are available at reasonable rates. Dumpsters are essential and you will need to be sure that you are working with a reliable company. We have served a number of clients including commercial, residential and even industrial clients. Our customers are our top priority and we will always strive to provide the best services for them. Give us a call today and find out more about our dumpsters and how we can be of help to you.

We are a comprehensive waste management company and have a number of services that we offer. We specialize in:

Dumpster rental Junk removal Construction Dumpster Rental Services Waste management solutions

We are the top-rated dumpster rental Spokane, WA service providers. We are a local company with all our operations being in the heart of this city. We have been part of this community for a very long time and as such, we always strive to improve our environment. With our dumpster rentals, you can be sure that we will be living in a cleaner and safer environment. This makes our world a better place. We are a company that is governed by the principles of integrity and transparency. Our dumpsters are of high quality and will be readily available when you need them.

While there are many players in the industry, we have always made it our objective to charge reasonable prices. This allows more clients to afford dumpsters and essentially there is no chance of the waste being spread across the city. Whether you need to get a dumpster for a day, a week or for a long-term arrangement, you can come to us and we will work it out. If you are searching for junk removal and a dumpster rental company in Spokane, we are the company for you.

Dumpster Zoom

Janinca
Janinca on March 20, 2020 at 11:46 pm

So when I talk about coming at a specialty from an alternate point, this model is actually what I mean.

We are the best company in Cleveland tree service TN and all our past clients have been impressed with the quality of service that we deliver. We have an excellent reputation and our crews are skilled and experienced. We take pride in the type of tree services that we offer and we are fully committed to customer satisfaction. Safety is a key priority and as such, we will carry out each service with extra care and precaution. You can count on us to deliver the best services in tree care. We offer a full range of tree care services including tree removal, tree trimming and stump removal among others.

All our arborists are certified, experienced and knowledgeable and will fully understand how to take care of your trees. Our tree service in Cleveland TN is quite comprehensive and we will use the best practices to ensure that your trees are safe and healthy. We are fully insured, bonded, licensed and skilled to provide professional tree service. In everything that we offer, we will show a serious commitment to our clients as well as our workers. We strive to deliver top-notch services are reasonable rates.

Our equipment is the best and is serviced and maintained regularly. We have modern and advanced equipment and as such, we will in a position to handle all manner of tree cutting service in Cleveland TN, without a problem. We have invested in cranes, bucket loaders, pickers, and chainsaws. We will be mindful of your landscape when it comes to our tree services. As such, we can work on your property without damaging the landscape. We have been serving the residents of Cleveland for over 30 years.

tree removal cleveland tn

Janinca
Janinca on March 20, 2020 at 11:52 pm

A lot of readers have the added stress of not having a produced quality content in each month, due to not finding written inspirations. But thanks that I’ve found your site.

We provide professional handyman services to the good people of Oahu. Whether you need help working on your kitchen, bathroom or another area of the home or office – Honey Do Services has you covered.

Our customer service is available any time of day or night. Book your appointment here and let us know what you need. We will establish the best time and dispatch the appropriate team. It only takes a few minutes. Book your appointment today!

oahu handyman

Janinca
Janinca on March 22, 2020 at 9:15 pm

The Reno Handyman is your trusted handyman company that has been in existence for over 15 years. We are your one-stop solution for a wide range of installation, repairs and maintenance services. Our technicians are skilled and will always be in full uniform when working. We have all the necessary tools and the experience to complete the work in a short while.

All our technicians are highly skilled and experienced in different trades. Whether you need repairs or home improvements, you can count on us to do a good job. We have a reputation for exceptional workmanship and professionalism. We are committed to doing a good job on the first visit. Give us a call today and we assure you of the best services, at reasonable prices.

handyman reno

Janinca
Janinca on March 25, 2020 at 11:30 pm

Imagine your plumbers rolling out a red carpet, covering their work boots with booties, wearing ID badges, and crisp, clean uniforms.

Welcome to Fort Worth Plumbing Co of Fort Worth, TX, where we are ready to roll out our Red Carpet Service at YOUR convenience.

Fort Worth Plumbing Co was recently voted The Best Plumbing Company in Fort Worth Texas by local online blogs and business review in Fort Worth TX.

Our Fort Worth Plumbing Company is a trusted Fort Worth plumbing company name, known for quality, professional Fort Worth plumbers and superior work. We offer prompt expert plumbing service from our Plumbers in Fort Worth TX for your home or business, with available same day and emergency plumbing repairs.

plumber Fort Worth

Janinca
Janinca on March 25, 2020 at 11:33 pm

We have a great team of highly trained and experienced concrete contractors in Grand Forks, ND. We always strive to work within your budget and complete all our projects on time. We never compromise on the quality of work that we deliver and our desire is to see to it that all our clients are satisfied with the work. We are known for our attention to detail and we will listen to every idea that you may have. This is how we are able to achieve the best customer service experience.

Whether you are looking for residential or commercial concrete contractors, we are here for you. We are a full-service concrete construction company and have a wide range of services to offer, including concrete installations, repairs and maintenance and even resurfacing among others. We take our work seriously and we are flexible, making us the preferred concrete contractors in this region. When you contact us, we will come to your property and go through the project details together, which helps us to give a professional and accurate quote.

Website

Janinca
Janinca on March 28, 2020 at 2:04 am

We are a locally owned and operated concrete company in Sacramento and we are proud to offer a wide range of concrete services. We have been serving this great community for over 25 years, and have proved to be consistent. We are rated as the best residential and commercial concrete contractor Sacramento and we always strive to surpass the expectations of our clients. For all our projects, you will get superior craftsmanship and you are assured of quality workmanship. We are confident about our work and we will not hesitate to give you a labor warranty. We have invested in modern technologies, which ensure that our work is the best.

driveway repair sacramento

Janinca
Janinca on March 28, 2020 at 2:07 am

I help home plumbing service professionals build profitable businesses by implementing proven systems, mentoring & business coach training.

Many home service pros fail to realize their dreams due to lack of focus, bad habits and no systems in place. The end result is a day to day grind in the “hamster wheel.” Get out of the grind. Start working “on” your business and not “in it”.

In our PLUMBING MARKETING GUIDE we talk about the 4 Proven Steps to local marketing domination. We use this EXACT formula to build successful marketing campaigns for our clients.

plumber seo

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment