Showing 126 - 150 of 6,499 comments
Found on Newspapers.com
This opened on November 13th, 1998 by Hollywood-Wallace theatres and got its name from Melody Phillips in a contest in October. The grand opening ad can be found in the photo section for this theatre. It was taken over by Regal Cinemas in 2013
August 27th, 1993 grand opening ad in the photo section. There was no mention of UA owning this theatre in the ad that I uploaded. It was taken over by Wallace – Hollywood theatres on May 10th, 1996 and renamed Cinema 7.
Article with more details:
This closed down in 1981 and reopened on November 7th, 1986 only to close down again in 1987. Ad in the photo section.
This cinema did expand or split up to three screens on May 17th, 1985.
December 7th, 1984 grand opening ad in the photo section.
Drive-In 54, yes it became the Video Park Drive-In on June 11th, 1977. Its grand opening ad can be found in the photo section as well as the Twin-Vue opening ad from January 7th, 1953 and the April 5th, 1956 ad for the opening of the Holiday Drive-IN.
This closed down in 1971 and reopened as the Lyric Adult Theatre (first adult cinema in town) on January 26th, 1973. Grand opening ad in photo section.
This was opened by Carrol’s of Syracuse, NY, which became CinemaNational in 1974. No mention of Rowley United in the article below:
2 screens on September 12th, 1973 and three on September 27th, 1973. Grand opening ad in photo section.
article with picture
Had a look at the movie listings of November 4th, 1949. No ads were found for this cinema as well as the search not finding anything about this cinema. Was this an “negro” theatre?
Both these cinemas, the Scott and the Rio (609 Grand N.) opened on the same day.
This opened as Scott theatre on February 1st, 1947 and reopened as the Rio on January 28th, 1959 (Same night as the new Scott). Grand opening ads in the photo section.
This opened on January 10th, 1942. Grand opening ad in the photo section and below
This theatre opened on January 28th, 1959, not February 1st, 1947. Grand opening ad in the photo section and below:
Full page ad in photo section and below:
This opened on January 2nd, 1953. Grand opening ad in the photo section.
another article below: