Showing 151 - 175 of 278 comments
The Eberson archives at the Wolfsonian in Florida have 24 design drawings of this theatre by Eberson dated 1925.
The John Eberson archives at the Wolfsonian in Florida have at least two design drawings of this theatre dated 1930.
Just discovered the address – Calzada de Bejucal 30901 corner to Castellon,Boyeros.
The entry from irishcine is correct.This theatre was called the Teatro Lutgardita and from information I found today it appears to have opened in 1932.The architects were Evelio Govantes and Felix Cabarrocas.
Repeating an earlier post about this theatre.The style was art deco and the architect was John Eberson.
This theatre was an atmospheric.
The architect was P.Rogers-Cooke.
Theatre was demolished in 1974.
Status should be changed to closed/demolished as it was pulled down in 1985.The architect was P.Rogers-Cooke.
Discovered a 12 page pdf file at the following address.
File also contains several photos,interior and exterior.
Have found some information on this theatre.The architect was Richard Gailey Jnr.After closing in 1961 it was used for indoor basketball until 1968 then was closed until 1974,when a company used the foyer for about a year for their offices.Seating capacity in 1938 was listed at 1250 but by 1960 had been reduced to 932.
After reading an article in Marquee it appears this theatre was designed by Thomas Lamb.
The architects were Peacock and Frank
Opened in 1915 and closed in 1967.
Opened in 1914 and closed 1983.
Found a photo on a library website which shows the damage by fire to the Strand Theatre on the corner of Main and Elm Streets on 13 Jan 1927.http://dlib.cwmars.org
Information from the book Milwaukee Movie Palaces states that it became the Parkway in 1931 and closed in 1986.The architects were Rosman and Wierdsma.It was previously known as the Rock River Theatre,which opened in 1913.
Operated from 1935 until 1988 and had 1162 seats.
This cinema is in the county of Norfolk.It opened in 1934 and closed in 1988 and had 1500 seats.It was located on Regent Road but don’t know the number.
Listed as Phillipian Church of God and Christ.
The Historic Movie Theatres in Illinois book lists that it opened in 1931 and closed in 1970.The exterior photo from digital past features cars from either 1930’s or 1940’s,they definitely don’t look like vehicles from the 1920’s.
Opened 17 August 1938 and the architect was John Eberson.
According to the THSA annual of the Deco theatres John Eberson there is a drawing in the Wilkes-Barre Historical Society Archives for a Paramount Theatre dated 1 May 1931.Eberson designed this building for Comerford.It is quite possible that this theatre is an altered version of his original design.
This theatre is listed on page 25 of THSA annual,Glitz,Glamour and Sparkle as a John Eberson Art Deco creation of 1930.
It believe this theatre was designed by John Eberson.