Comments from celboy

celboy commented about AMC Empire 25 on Nov 28, 2016 at 5:54 am

logged in at 1201 got my tix & seats but transactions never completed—-3x—ended up on mac website cause fandango had 20 min wait

celboy commented about AMC Empire 25 on Nov 28, 2016 at 4:32 am

Went to theater to get rogue one tix in person bit box office closing at 1145 so this is a fandango sell only…bummer…i got my TFA tix in person because of fandango crash probability

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 16, 2016 at 6:09 am

Re: Billy Lynn HFR was in theater 2 Kings Theater. It appeared like a standard theater—no atmos speakers above, I believe the movie only runs a week in this mode.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 12, 2016 at 10:35 pm

I saw it last night @ 7pm and not crowded either. Some images were quite amazing while some were “a little too close”. I wonder if this format maybe better suited for short form. It is like “being there”. Its almost like another art form. To me, they were experimenting with the technology more than making a film. I also wonder how the normal 24fps deliverable will look & feel…..I would think overall very, very forgettable compared to this presentation. Almost not worth seeing at all in the other format.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 10, 2016 at 12:27 am

Ok so if thats the case, is imax making custom Anamorphic dcps for their laser screens?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 9, 2016 at 12:27 pm

In your opinion, do these seats recline like the old ones? Which isn’t a good thing. Hard to determine based on the photos.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 8, 2016 at 6:03 pm

But wasn’t M the handicapped seats? only a few of those.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 8, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Last row was row L which I count as 12

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Billy Lynn Tix on fandango right now in theater 2. I am assuming this is the premium experience.

celboy commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Jul 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Spielberg like…….Why didn’t this come out 6 months ago?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jan 25, 2016 at 3:01 pm

I think the one thing to mention is that you can’t go by any online seating chart—-its not too accurate—-you have to go & see whats good for you. There is a lot of space between rows.

In regards to Lincoln Square Imax, the tough decision for them will be how many seats/rows they will lose (of the 600-ish)— if they goto newer recliners. Is that something they are willing to do?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jan 24, 2016 at 10:16 pm

for dolbyvision @ empire 25 I think the 4th row middle is perfect for 2.35

for 1.85 you can go a row or 2 closer

but thats me

celboy commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Jan 24, 2016 at 1:58 am

what a shame they can’t do a week or 2 of a “farewell festival” of some classics? next thursday appears to be last day.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jan 3, 2016 at 2:45 am

thanks for the confirmation of your imax sw7 experiences. I am curious about the laser imax sw7 shows. I think they are similar to “regular digital imax” except they are 4k projectors and better color & blacks. I am waiting to hear if it is 1.4 AR for the Jakku sequence but I ’m thinking its 1.9. The chip shape (1.9) in laser hasn’t changed …just the resolution.. so am wondering if a secondary vertical anamorphic lens is how they will display legacy imax off the laser projectors. I found that info here: http://www.lfexaminer.com/formats.htm

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Dec 31, 2015 at 2:44 am

How was SW7 framing? Did it fill up the screen left to right? Was the falcon desert scene the only thing that wasn’t 2.39? Did that fill top to bottom?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 20, 2015 at 1:42 pm

I was at the theater last night and was able to get tickets. I went there figuring fandango would crash.

What was a little sad was when the manager coming out “informing us” that he didn’t know when exactly seats would be released and to try the internet first. You would think the actual “physical” theater would have more power but I guess the corporate world relies on the internet more. A little surprising.

Fortunately that all changed about a half hour later.But those seats did go fast.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 10, 2015 at 2:26 am

according to imdb, it was shot on red. So the imax resolution is not there. If its shot on imax film these days, it seems they “may” make a release print —–$$$$—but no one knows for sure—-only imax.Whats the point of printing to film if you have 1000 theaters out there and people want their content now.

celboy commented about AMC Empire 25 on Jun 24, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Any update on the laser install. Is it done? are they advertising it?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jun 2, 2015 at 12:58 am

Hi xbs2034, Do you know anymore about “somewhat different”? I guess we’ll have to wait & see. —I don’t see the camera being “better”—more like maybe Imax being the only one to buy alexa 65 cameras and using them for their Imax clients. —I think Imax considers “Imax aspect ratio” to be 1.9—the chip size—not the 1.4 15/70. I think they can work outside dci specs and choose the full chip for display and coin it “Imax aspect ratio”. To me , its like Super 35 projection with extra headroom top & bottom—nothing significantly better. —but more a composition change. Lets see if David Fincher does an Imax release? —To my knowledge, the aspect ratio in the lasers are nothing new. Its still 1.9. TI DLP chips are that. The laser doesn’t change the rez—just the light source. Please correct me if I am wrong. —This again leads back to my earlier post above about classic aspect ratios being totally dead (very unfortunate) and its 1.9 and smaller.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on May 29, 2015 at 1:12 am

Robert, that link refers to an update on the original Alexa camera that is widely used today. They (arri) are pushing anamorphic capture. But no projector makers are pushing anamorphic projection..—– probably due to DCI. Thats what makes me wonder if 4x3 digital projection will ever happen. Arri appears to be treating alexa 65 as its own thing…you can’t buy …only rent. Pixel-wise the camera is 6560x3102.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on May 28, 2015 at 12:33 am

The new Alexa 65 camera has an aspect ratio of 2.1 to 1. I don’t think sensors /chips are going to get 4x3, rectanglar aspect ratio of 2 to 1 seems to be the primary display future.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Mar 26, 2015 at 1:48 am

rumor/innuendo??? neither, as I stated…. just my opinion from looking at the fandango calendar.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Mar 25, 2015 at 8:39 pm

right now there seems to be a gap in fandango advance tix. So maybe april 16th to the end of the month they’ll do the laser install and then screen avengers 2. This is just my guess/opinion… . I don’t see them doing it during summer.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Mar 5, 2015 at 4:38 pm

There are a lot of variables for Star Wars. I just figure they have more time before release date. I don’t think they will employ a “Nolan film workflow”. There doesn’t appear to be a lot of imax shot—-its not like Batman. I think Imax will push High Brightness 3D & Rez so to compete with competitor Dolby Vision.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Mar 5, 2015 at 4:03 pm

I guess they would need a couple weeks in april to do this.Probably more lasers required than any other previous screen install due to screen size. That & a busy summer schedule…..I wonder exactly when. I am hoping Star Wars has it.