Comments from celboy

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 14, 2014 at 11:21 am

OK the tuesday shows of hobbit 3 are listed as HFR but the marathon on monday is listed as 3d only..I sure hope its HFR for all 3…can there server hold all 3 movies at her?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 14, 2014 at 10:20 am

I’m sorry—I got them on movie tickets.com but fandango lists it as HFR.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 14, 2014 at 10:18 am

So I just got fandango tix for the hobbit marathon on the 15th & it was labeled Imax HFR…Could that be a typo? I’m not sure my back can handle those seats for 3 long films.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 10, 2014 at 6:59 pm

So Seattle and who else will have it next month?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 6, 2014 at 1:04 am

I found interstellar a little too loud. or the choice of mix too much music. Some dialogue hard to understand.And many images very dark. Unlike dark knight where you had footage that you could appreciate the detail—helicopter gotham shots—here not so much. The aspect ratio changes bothered me more here. I sort of wonder now why not shoot the whole movie imax. I am curious to see it digital without the aspect changes.—just my opinion after first screening.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 1, 2014 at 8:31 pm

thanks for letting me know because fandango’s fan alert didn’t. Boy those good seats went fast.I will go wednesday.

Why is it seem that the first week or 2’s screen times aren’t that convenient for getting out of work & getting to the theater & then they come around to screenings around 7pm or 8pm?

Its been this way with this imax even before they did reserved seating.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Aug 3, 2014 at 5:35 pm

RelexedNYC: What features do you recall being full width there? I wonder if they were imax film DMR’s. I think the lenses attached to the dlp’s can’t do full width on that screen. PS-I found the 3d of Hobbit Teaser so much better than the “average/typical 3d” of Guardians ….which was still a really good movie.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jun 13, 2014 at 4:52 pm

For Interstellar…. but not for Hobbit 3?

celboy commented about AMC Loews 84th Street 6 on May 23, 2014 at 9:10 am

I went last night for the first time to this theater. Wow!

So worth the extra subway stops.

Do all screens here have the same seats?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on May 4, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Can someone please confirm for me—-Is the Dolby Atmos system installed in the Loews theater?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 24, 2013 at 10:01 am

According to the film’s editor— “It was really interesting to go from cutting this almost 4×3 image to have to basically lop the top and the bottom off. They never shot at common-center for the Imax, knowing that I would go back in later and fix it.” – See more at: http://www.studiodaily.com/2013/11/editor-alan-edward-bell-on-the-hunger-games-catching-fire/#sthash.kndyAFAZ.dpuf

So I guess I will try & see it on imax film.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 5, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I thought thats what I saw when I walked up the aisle stairs. Thanks for the investigating. I remember watching the imax countdown trailer and was curious why it wasn’t full screen width.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:52 pm

$21.50 plus a $2.00 fandango fee if you can’t get to the theatre.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 3, 2013 at 11:57 am

15/70mm is also referred to as imax 70mm tall and 15 sprocket holes long traditional 70mm widescreen is only 5 sprocket holes creating a 2.2 aspect ratio

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Sep 18, 2013 at 11:59 am

I do hope they get “Gravity-Imax” here.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jun 28, 2013 at 10:11 am

sorry for repost—-it appears it will

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jun 28, 2013 at 10:05 am

Does anyone know if Pacific Rim Imax will run here or will it stay “Kryptonian”?

celboy commented about Facts About Projection on May 26, 2013 at 8:49 am

Very Nice! Good Job!

celboy commented about AMC Burbank 16 on Mar 23, 2013 at 2:36 am

Can anyone give a review of the laser projection here for GI Joe? http://bit.ly/10oIWnI

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:46 am

Thank you. It was a very impressive display. Another reason this theatre gets the respect it does.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Feb 28, 2013 at 12:39 am

I finally saw Hobbit here on its last night. About a 10 week run…..pretty rare in these times.Maybe 20 people. I’m pretty sure it was digital—-not an ounce of dirt anywhere.You have to be a giraffe to see what the projector is.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Feb 6, 2013 at 1:38 am

I hope Star Trek Imax comes here.

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Dec 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Is this Imax Hobbit presentation film or digital?

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:57 pm

they updated the tag and made it 3d imax —————with reserved seats, people will be showing up later—-I guess there won’t be long lines to manage any more like there was for dark knight returns opening day

celboy
celboy commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Nov 8, 2012 at 11:09 am

So hobbit is tagged as 2D on fandango with reserved seating in theater 13 (imax?)…..