Comments from KenLayton

KenLayton commented about Valley Brook Drive-In on Oct 11, 2017 at 10:03 am

Are they still using speakers?

KenLayton commented about Olympic Theatre on Oct 2, 2017 at 11:58 am

Fred Thibodeau was also the longtime owner of the Skyline Drive-in Theater in Shelton, Wash.

KenLayton commented about Woodzo Drive-In on Sep 4, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Wow, extremely overgrown.

KenLayton commented about Times Theatre on Aug 31, 2017 at 10:53 pm

Wow! That’s a beautiful theater inside!

KenLayton commented about Times Theatre on Aug 29, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Status should be changed then from demolished to renovating.

KenLayton commented about Times Theatre on Aug 24, 2017 at 10:22 pm

I was never able to get inside the theater to take pictures. I could only get exterior photos taken. I haven’t been back to Seaside in several years. So the building did not get demolished? I’d like to see any interior pictures. Any chance the current owner could post some interior pictures here?

KenLayton
KenLayton commented about Wheel-In Motor Movie Drive-In on Aug 20, 2017 at 12:46 am

Their website has vanished. This is all I get:

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

As far as I know, they did not open.

KenLayton commented about Harbor Vue Drive-In on Jul 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm

TomMc11:

Wow, this is great! I remember that sign. I thought it was gone for good when Act 3 theaters tore it down. I wish the drive in theater was still in operation.

KenLayton
KenLayton commented about Wheel-In Motor Movie Drive-In on Jul 29, 2017 at 9:47 am

Still have not yet opened for the season.

KenLayton
KenLayton commented about Wheel-In Motor Movie Drive-In on Jul 5, 2017 at 10:48 pm

I guess it’s taking longer than expected. They still have not opened yet for the season.

KenLayton commented about G Theatre on Jul 5, 2017 at 10:14 am

Yes, the “G” stands for Ghossen, the family who built it.

KenLayton commented about Elma Theater on Jul 4, 2017 at 9:15 am

The right hand storefront (as looking at the front of building) was a barbershop for many years. The left hand storefront was I believe a second hand or antique store.

KenLayton commented about Elma Theater on Jul 3, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Let me guess, the hole in the roof is right over the stage and has been leaking on all the backdrops and on the stage floor?

Kingsley Hall had been working on updating all the electrical wiring in the building and had some sort of wood pellet heater installed for heating the auditorium. By chance do you know what happened to the E-L-M-A letters on the sign? I know Kingsley also had a few security cameras setup to keep an eye on the rear doors of the building.

KenLayton commented about Elma Theater on Jul 2, 2017 at 12:17 am

Any more updates? Did you purchase the theater?

KenLayton commented about Aurora Drive-In on Jun 28, 2017 at 10:39 am

Did it convert to large reels? Or did they use 20 minute reels throughout it’s life?

KenLayton commented about Lincoln Plaza Cinema on Jun 24, 2017 at 10:06 am

Yes I believe this is one of those late 80’s buildings. It had sloped floors. It was hard to find because they had to put up the marquee on busy 38th street so people could be directed to the theater.

KenLayton
KenLayton commented about Seattle, WA - Guild 45th, Seven Gables movie theaters closed indefinitely on Jun 11, 2017 at 1:28 am

Let me guess. The “renovation” will either be a Rite-Aid or a Walgreen’s.

KenLayton commented about Elma Theater on May 29, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Still closed and boarded up. No signs of any activity.

KenLayton commented about Hilltop Drive-In on May 24, 2017 at 4:34 pm

What an odd projection angle. The projection building is way off to the side.

KenLayton
KenLayton commented about Wheel-In Motor Movie Drive-In on May 23, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Theater is temporarily closed until July 1 (approx) for installation of a new screen. Looks like it’ll be a very short season for them this year.

KenLayton commented about Sunrise Drive-In on May 17, 2017 at 11:24 am

Picture shows the early use of “blast” speakers on the screen tower. This is the way the sound was distributed before the “in-car” speaker system was invented.

KenLayton commented about Alpine Theatre on May 16, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Didn’t this theater get expanded to two screens?

KenLayton commented about Coyote Drive-In on May 6, 2017 at 9:44 pm

it would be interesting to see the field layout with an overhead view from a drone.

KenLayton commented about Teton Vu Drive-In on May 4, 2017 at 11:51 am

Are they still using speakers? Or have they converted to radio sound?

They get a video projector yet?

KenLayton commented about Seaside Cinema on Apr 26, 2017 at 11:53 pm

I’ve found and scanned my pictures of this theater from September 2001.