Comments from Mikeoaklandpark

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,007 comments

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:44 pm

So guys I have a question, is Imax different from Regal RPX? I saw Sully in RPX because I had a free ticket. I was not impressed. The screen in 2 of the other theaters are much larger than the RPX. I remember IMAX in Ft Lauderdale and it was this huge screen that the whole film covered. What I saw was like any other theater for a film in 2.35 aspect ratio, black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Not at all impressed.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Goldman Theatre on Sep 18, 2016 at 4:37 pm

So Planet Of the Apes was before Funny Girl which opened in Oct 1968.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Goldman Theatre on Sep 2, 2016 at 12:52 am

Yes Planet Of The Apes played there in the late 60’s. I think it was before Funny Girl.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Cinemark Asheville 14 on Aug 24, 2016 at 5:13 pm

The theater will be going through a complete renovation starting in October. They are putting recliners in all theater ,plus a new digital sound and projection system and new screens. This theater is very well run and has great staff working there.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Carmike 10 on Aug 24, 2016 at 5:11 pm

So looking forward to AMC taking over this theater.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about United Artists Beaucatcher Cinema 7 on Aug 22, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Thank you rivest 266 for all the Asheville theater pics. So sad this theater is going to close by the end of the year.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Cinebarre Biltmore Square on Aug 22, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Status needs to be updated to retail.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Loews Festival Theatre on Aug 17, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I worked at this theater in the early 80’s Joe Torres was the manager and Martha was one of the cashiers as was Irene Cara’s mom Maria.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Tara Cinemas on Jul 6, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Went here in December to see Room/ Loved the theater.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ritz Center 16 on Jun 27, 2016 at 4:47 pm

ALPS AMC purchased Carmike earlier this year. I didn’t know the merger was final. Glad Carmike there is good the one here in Asheville is the pits. I avoid it at all costs.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Bangor Drive-In on Jun 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Please update status to open.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jun 3, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Digital 3d I totally understand. In 1999 and 2014 I saw the 60th and 75th anniversary screenings of Gone With The Wind and both times it was a 16 mm print on a huge screen opened for scope presentations. It was annoying as hell. My opinion they could have at least closed the masking to 1.85 ratio.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Swap Shop Drive-In on May 19, 2016 at 8:21 pm

A lot of the screens are small and non have the capability to show scope unless they have gone digital and that has changed. Scope films used to be off the sides of the screen in the air. I hated it.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on May 11, 2016 at 4:14 pm

I didn’t realize in the beginning how many 2nd run movies they had after Marooned and how many weeks over the years they closed.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about United Artists Beaucatcher Cinema 7 on May 5, 2016 at 7:46 pm

The developer has put up a sign saying land redevelopment so I called him and asked will this theater get to stay or possible a rebuild or a new modern theater and I was told no. The plans are retail shops which really pisses me off more than you can imagine. We need more retail like a hole in the head. I can only hope that the city council denies there plans for redevelopment. According to the man I spoke with the theate will be gone by early 2017. UGH :(

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Britton Cinema 8 on Apr 23, 2016 at 2:25 pm

cvolosin is the Carmike/AMC merger finalized? I like Nick went to this theater once after it became an 8 plex and never again. What a horrible experience it was just once. My living room was bigger than some of the theaters.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Regal Union Square Stadium 14 on Mar 27, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Shaking seats and scents would be disastrous for me and anyone else who has a disability that would be effected by that plus allergic to scents.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Carmike 10 on Mar 26, 2016 at 8:57 pm

AMC has purchased the Carmike chain thank God. I know I read a lot on other theaters about AMC, but they have to be a hell of a lot better then Carmike. Not sure when the theater will change over.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Cinemark Asheville 14 on Mar 24, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Really thanks Kevin. Also please update information that this theater is not stadium seating.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Pacific Theatres at The Grove on Mar 1, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Chris Utley the web site still shows it as a Pacific Theater along with their others. This was news to me because I thought Pacific Theaters went belly up years ago.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about UA Lynbrook 6 on Feb 29, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Is Regal still going to operate this theater or another theater chain? Looking at the pictures it looked like it really was time to get a new theater. What a shame they took and chopped that theater up. I saw the photo where they had the roadshow engagement of Camelot in 70MM

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Feb 27, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Any chance they got the 70 MM projector from the Ziegfeld?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Grand Warner Theatre on Feb 26, 2016 at 4:31 pm

The marquee is identical to the now demolished Fox and Stanley theaters in Philadelphia.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Feb 3, 2016 at 7:13 pm

The same thing was done at Loews Astor Plaza. After the final show they had construction workers ripping the screen apart. I hate it and all these multiplexes that have taken away all our grand theaters.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Palace Theatre on Jan 29, 2016 at 9:15 pm

NYer I agree 100% about the marquee.