Comments from Mikeoaklandpark

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,159 comments

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Classic River Hills 10 on Apr 2, 2018 at 11:17 am

Jeffpiatt They did merge the programs and honored what free stuff I had with Carmike but not without BS. And yes they all constantly pushed to get me to become a premier member which was a waste of my $15.00. Never again. I’ll stick to the Cinemark Regal and two local chains which treat customers great. I knew this was not up to what I remembered from AMC for 23 years in Florida.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Classic River Hills 10 on Mar 30, 2018 at 12:58 pm

Rayman29 and jeffpiatt I agree. They lied to me and I am paid for the premiere membership was a waste of my money. The manager who was there from Carmike Greg was awesome but for some reason he was let go and rude snippy girl Kayla who was his assistant is now GM. I called corporate and got transferred to customer service which I specifically asked for a call back from the district manager and of course that didn’t happen. I copy and pasted all the Yelp reviews on their corporate page if they look at it. That’s ok Alamo Draft is looking at two locations up the street on Tunnel Road as is another chain. It will be a matter of time before this theater is gone. They won’t last through their 7 year lease.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Classic River Hills 10 on Mar 27, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Thanks Rayman done

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Classic River Hills 10 on Mar 26, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Thanks Jeff. I am not sure they would care. They raised admission prices after they took over. They are $2-33 higher than Regal, Cinemark and the two local chains plus their concession prices are also much higher. It is worth a try. Rayman not sure what Yelp is

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Classic River Hills 10 on Mar 25, 2018 at 6:26 pm

This theater is run as bad as it was when it was Carmike. Last night was the final straw. I went to see A Wrinkle In Time and from the pre show through half the movie an infant cried. Me and the people behind me complained and when the GM came the mom had taken the child out, but once they came back it started again. Kayla the GM said that they can’t do anything except ask to take the baby out. That is bull crap an infant does NOT belong in a movie theater. AMC used to be a good chain but they suck now. I will never go back there again.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Classic River Hills 10 on Feb 7, 2018 at 1:01 pm

The sign over the box office and on the main road is officially changed to AMC. Photo to follow over the weekend.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Joy-Lan Drive-In on Jan 18, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Can they show scope films now?

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Eric's Rittenhouse Square Theatres on Dec 24, 2017 at 9:17 am

Did this theater have the capability of showing scope and did it have proper masking?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Angelika 57 on Dec 21, 2017 at 1:18 pm

To my knowledge this was the only Roadshow engagement that played here. It seems to be the case for other cities. In Philly it played Theater 1812 and Atlantic City the Charles. That was the only two roadshow engagements they had.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Coronet 1 & 2 on Dec 21, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Maybe Midnight Cowboy?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Center Theatre on Dec 16, 2017 at 10:22 am

I think Camelot played the Shore, but I am not 100% sure

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Virginia Theatre on Dec 15, 2017 at 12:34 pm

It definitely wasn’t here at the Virginia.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 21, 2017 at 6:58 pm

UGH

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 20, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I am pretty sure it was Dreamgirls. The Ziegfeld had an exclusive reserved seat engagement for two weeks prior to the wide release. This included a souvenir program too

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Starlite Drive-In on Nov 17, 2017 at 9:49 am

Did they ever add a new scope screen?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Chicago Theatre on Nov 10, 2017 at 1:35 pm

The only thing I remember is it’s last movie operator was Plitt Theaters

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Silver Moon Drive-In on Nov 7, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Is this theater showing films in scope actually on the screen now that they are digital?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Palace Theatre on Oct 26, 2017 at 1:21 pm

I still think the idea is stupid. Bigjoe59 I know they did a lot of renovations while they were closed from 88-91. I still would like to see the prior marquees restored

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Criterion Theatre on Oct 16, 2017 at 11:29 am

I thought for sure that when I saw the Omen in the downstairs theater after it was twinned the screen was on what appeared to be a stage. I know it had a red curtain. I know upstairs wasn’t. I saw 9 To 5 up there. That was many years ago so I could be confused.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Criterion Theatre on Oct 15, 2017 at 11:19 am

No it was a single screen Vindanpar. I sat in the first row of the mezzanine for Divine Madness. After it was twined the screen was indeed flat and part of the stage. Prior to that it was in front of the stage as was the one at the Rivoli.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Criterion Theatre on Oct 15, 2017 at 9:06 am

When did they put the curved screen in? The very first film I saw here was Divine Madness with Bette Midler and it was in 70MM and the screen was very curved and large.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Classic Southern Hills 12 on Oct 13, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Rayman29 unfortunately AMC put a hold on all renovations to the Carmike chain theaters they purchased until 2018 or early 2019. The merger caused them to get into a desperate financial situation. Carmike sucked as a chain like this theater my local theater here was opened in 1996 and Carmike did nothing to keep it up or renovate it.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Fun-Lan Drive-In on Oct 1, 2017 at 4:51 am

Nick or anyone do you know if they have gone digital since my last post in 2015? Also, can they now show aspect ratio 2.35 on the screen rather then off the side of the screen. I Hated that

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about 20th Century Drive-In on Sep 29, 2017 at 11:17 am

Not that I remember