Comments from Mikeoaklandpark

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Feb 3, 2016 at 7:13 pm

The same thing was done at Loews Astor Plaza. After the final show they had construction workers ripping the screen apart. I hate it and all these multiplexes that have taken away all our grand theaters.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Palace Theatre on Jan 29, 2016 at 9:15 pm

NYer I agree 100% about the marquee.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Awesome video.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about It’s Fade to Black for Midtown’s Iconic Ziegfeld Movie Theater on Jan 21, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Very upsetting.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about UA Riverview Plaza Stadium 17 on Jan 1, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Cinedelphia, was it not shown in scope? I assumed even digital it was filmed in 2.35 aspect ratio.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Waverly Theatre on Dec 31, 2015 at 9:47 pm

What is the name of the group. I know all these theaters from my childhood

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Strand Theatre on Dec 28, 2015 at 9:21 pm

I saw Hello Dolly revival there and it was awesome on that huge cured screen as was Fame when it moved from the Ziegfeld.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about UA Riverview Plaza Stadium 17 on Dec 27, 2015 at 6:15 pm

When I saw the 50th anniversary digital print of My Fair Lady locally here in NC, the aspect ratio was 2.20. The theater it played in has masking that that closes top and bottom. After the slide they closed the masking to scope ratio 2.35 for some previews, but once the filme started they opened the masking and MFL was shown with the black bars at the top and bottom juts like your picture shows TH8 was.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about PlayStation Theater on Dec 21, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Thank you Movieholic, Robert R and Al Alvarez. I had the same comment on Nov 17.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 on Dec 20, 2015 at 7:26 pm

I hope you are Mark P. Best to you

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Benn Theatre on Dec 13, 2015 at 9:04 pm

What I remember is when one of the double features was in scope they kept the masking open even for the film that was flat. If both films were flat the masking was closed.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Theatre 7000 on Dec 12, 2015 at 3:21 am

New photo added of the new signage for Theater 7000.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Broadway's Palace Theatre Will Be Lifted by Four Floors on Dec 3, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Very stupid and infuriating. There is no respect left for long time theaters either legit house or movie houses. :(

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about City Cinemas Village East on Dec 2, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I have tried to find where the listing is for all theaters showing The Hateful Eight in 70 MM roadshow for two weeks and have come up empty handed. Can anybody help? This is a film that should definitely play the Ziegfeld.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about PlayStation Theater on Nov 17, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Thanks Joe Vogel. The American Airlines Theater aka Selwyn has kept its name since becoming a legit theater.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about PlayStation Theater on Nov 16, 2015 at 11:04 pm

I hate the new name. Why has this theater gone through so many name changes?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 11, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Sold out at the Ziegfeld awesome news Howard.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Loews Orpheum 7 on Nov 5, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Has this theater been renovated and reopened?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 2, 2015 at 10:05 pm

I thought Bow Tie was operating it for Cablevision. Does anyone know why the marquee suddenly mysteriously reads A Walter Reade Theater?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 2, 2015 at 1:34 am

Thanks Peter Apruzzese. I thought it was. I know there is no theater that has 70mm capacity in Asheville NC. I would travel within the state or SC if I can find a theater that still had 70mm projectors

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 1, 2015 at 7:50 pm

The 50th anniversary print of My fair Lady may have been. The scope on the screen seemed different from the scope previwes. The masking which lowers top and bottom rather then side to side was opened when the film started and the aspect ratio seemed different then 2.35

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Oct 31, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Will the 70MM version of The Hateful 8 be on film, or is it possible to do 70MM in digital?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Valentine Theatre on Oct 22, 2015 at 8:33 pm

The inside was identical to the Sutton in Manhattan.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 11, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Is it possible to do 70mm on a digital print or does it have to be film? I know the new Quinten Tarrentino film is in Ultra Panavision and 70MM.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Delsea Drive-In on Oct 8, 2015 at 11:18 pm

That would piss me off markp and I wouldn’t go there.