Comments from Mikeoaklandpark

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Britton Cinema 8 on Apr 23, 2016 at 7:25 am

cvolosin is the Carmike/AMC merger finalized? I like Nick went to this theater once after it became an 8 plex and never again. What a horrible experience it was just once. My living room was bigger than some of the theaters.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Regal Union Square Stadium 14 on Mar 27, 2016 at 11:42 am

Shaking seats and scents would be disastrous for me and anyone else who has a disability that would be effected by that plus allergic to scents.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Carmike 10 on Mar 26, 2016 at 1:57 pm

AMC has purchased the Carmike chain thank God. I know I read a lot on other theaters about AMC, but they have to be a hell of a lot better then Carmike. Not sure when the theater will change over.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Cinemark Asheville 14 on Mar 24, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Really thanks Kevin. Also please update information that this theater is not stadium seating.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Pacific Theatres at The Grove on Mar 1, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Chris Utley the web site still shows it as a Pacific Theater along with their others. This was news to me because I thought Pacific Theaters went belly up years ago.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about UA Lynbrook 6 on Feb 29, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Is Regal still going to operate this theater or another theater chain? Looking at the pictures it looked like it really was time to get a new theater. What a shame they took and chopped that theater up. I saw the photo where they had the roadshow engagement of Camelot in 70MM

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Feb 27, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Any chance they got the 70 MM projector from the Ziegfeld?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Grand Warner Theatre on Feb 26, 2016 at 8:31 am

The marquee is identical to the now demolished Fox and Stanley theaters in Philadelphia.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Feb 3, 2016 at 11:13 am

The same thing was done at Loews Astor Plaza. After the final show they had construction workers ripping the screen apart. I hate it and all these multiplexes that have taken away all our grand theaters.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Palace Theatre on Jan 29, 2016 at 1:15 pm

NYer I agree 100% about the marquee.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Jan 26, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Awesome video.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about It’s Fade to Black for Midtown’s Iconic Ziegfeld Movie Theater on Jan 21, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Very upsetting.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about UA Riverview Plaza Stadium 17 on Jan 1, 2016 at 11:27 am

Cinedelphia, was it not shown in scope? I assumed even digital it was filmed in 2.35 aspect ratio.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Waverly Theatre on Dec 31, 2015 at 1:47 pm

What is the name of the group. I know all these theaters from my childhood

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Strand Theatre on Dec 28, 2015 at 1:21 pm

I saw Hello Dolly revival there and it was awesome on that huge cured screen as was Fame when it moved from the Ziegfeld.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about UA Riverview Plaza Stadium 17 on Dec 27, 2015 at 10:15 am

When I saw the 50th anniversary digital print of My Fair Lady locally here in NC, the aspect ratio was 2.20. The theater it played in has masking that that closes top and bottom. After the slide they closed the masking to scope ratio 2.35 for some previews, but once the filme started they opened the masking and MFL was shown with the black bars at the top and bottom juts like your picture shows TH8 was.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about PlayStation Theater on Dec 21, 2015 at 11:06 am

Thank you Movieholic, Robert R and Al Alvarez. I had the same comment on Nov 17.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 on Dec 20, 2015 at 11:26 am

I hope you are Mark P. Best to you

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Benn Theatre on Dec 13, 2015 at 1:04 pm

What I remember is when one of the double features was in scope they kept the masking open even for the film that was flat. If both films were flat the masking was closed.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Theatre 7000 on Dec 11, 2015 at 7:21 pm

New photo added of the new signage for Theater 7000.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Broadway's Palace Theatre Will Be Lifted by Four Floors on Dec 3, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Very stupid and infuriating. There is no respect left for long time theaters either legit house or movie houses. :(

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about City Cinemas Village East on Dec 2, 2015 at 11:58 am

I have tried to find where the listing is for all theaters showing The Hateful Eight in 70 MM roadshow for two weeks and have come up empty handed. Can anybody help? This is a film that should definitely play the Ziegfeld.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about PlayStation Theater on Nov 17, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Thanks Joe Vogel. The American Airlines Theater aka Selwyn has kept its name since becoming a legit theater.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about PlayStation Theater on Nov 16, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I hate the new name. Why has this theater gone through so many name changes?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 11, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Sold out at the Ziegfeld awesome news Howard.