Comments from Mikeoaklandpark

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Studio Movie Grill University Mall 14 on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:41 am

Please update status to OPEN

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Oct 22, 2014 at 5:21 am

Good point Howard. The aspect ratio for 70mm at the Ziegfeld and the Boyd were actually not as wide as a scope 2.35 ratio.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Oct 21, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Is this going to be a true 2.35 aspect ratio 70mm showing or 1.85 which The master was. to me 1.85 aspect ratio is not true 70mm

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about All Jersey Multiplex Cinemas on Oct 13, 2014 at 12:17 pm

It is markp. thanks

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about All Jersey Multiplex Cinemas on Oct 10, 2014 at 1:24 pm

How many multiplexes did National Amusments open on drive in site and close in less then 20 year. Besides this I can name the Whitestone Multiplex in the Bronx, the Atco multiplex in South Jersey and there is one more in North Jersey off the New Jersey turnpike.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Skyway Drive-In on Oct 10, 2014 at 1:20 pm

msroane79 you are correct it was Bob Wilson Dodge. Also the status should be updated to demolished.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Lynn Drive-In Movies on Oct 4, 2014 at 4:28 am

Chris1982 thank you so much for keeping us updated on the drive ins. They are a dying breed that need to make a big comeback.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Oct 4, 2014 at 4:19 am

Giles I really don’t I guess I need to look it up

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Oct 2, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Anyone know if by some chance they fixed the curtains?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Oct 2, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I thought the last film filmed in 70 MM was The Master. I know nothing about this film.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ruskin Family Drive-In on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Have they gone digital?

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Steel Pier Theatre & Steel Pier Ocean Theatre on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:00 pm

The information should be updated there were actually 2 screens at the Steel Pier. The music hall had movies with a vaudeville show and then there was the Casino was just showed movies.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Hyde Park Drive-In on Sep 30, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Yeah thanks Chris1982. Now someone needs to reopen the Fair Oaks it already has the digital projection.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Wellfleet Drive-In on Sep 25, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Actually Chris1982 I called the recording this year and the drive in closes the 2nd week in September for the season. I was there last year the 3rd week and it had just closed. I was very disappointed.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Sep 18, 2014 at 2:09 pm

cmbussmann loud previews seems to be the thing. We have Regal and Carolina cinemas here and the loudness of the previews is ridiculous.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Park Theatre on Sep 12, 2014 at 11:39 am

I grew up there The Alan and never remember that theater which would go back to the early 60’s. All that was there in the 60’s was the Terminal, Tower and 69th St.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Starlight 20 on Sep 12, 2014 at 11:36 am

UGH Carmike sucks what a loss. They closed every theater they purchased from Cineplex Odeon in Tampa. Big time loosers

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Uptown Theater on Sep 6, 2014 at 11:16 am

Howard when I looked this theater up a few times on AMC web page it showed they only had 1 or 2 shows daily which is what they did with the AMC Palace in Philly before it closed. So I am glad to hear they aren’t looking to close it. I wish I would hit Powerball big I would buy the Ziegfeld and this theater.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Uptown Theater on Sep 5, 2014 at 1:09 pm

It really concerns me that AMC will close this theater. Does it do well?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Vassar Theatre on Sep 3, 2014 at 12:19 pm

There must be a catch. That must be just for the business. I wonder how much the rent is?

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about AMC Dine in Coral Ridge 10 Theatre on Aug 28, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Oh nice. What are cinema suites?

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Brooklyn Heights Cinema I & II on Aug 26, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Where is Dumbo?

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Theatre 7000 on Aug 23, 2014 at 10:37 am

I love it. This theater is part of my childhood. Amen to this organization for renovating this theater and make it alive again.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark commented about Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:08 am

Thanks Howard.

Mikeoaklandpark commented about Four Seasons Cinemas on Aug 20, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I only knew Mike Rogers because it was in the local paper. Also Mike, the info above needs to be corrected, it was taken over by Epic theaters and turned into a discount house after Epic opened the multiplex up the road.