Comments from NittyRanks

NittyRanks commented about Pittsford Plaza Cinema 9 on Aug 27, 2019 at 8:22 am

There is now different seating. They have the reclining lounges there.

NittyRanks commented about Monroe Theatre on Aug 27, 2019 at 8:10 am

This is probably from 1957 when the movie Jet Pilot came out.

NittyRanks commented about Lockport Drive-In on Aug 16, 2019 at 6:16 am

Yes it’s still there. The projection building is in the back but it is so overgrown now. I remember it being closed as I drove by in the 80’s on the way to my grandmother’s house.

NittyRanks commented about Mayfair Theatre on Aug 16, 2019 at 6:10 am

You’d think there would be more. My buddy spent a lot of time down there in the 70’s. There is activity on twitter from some of the Asbury Park witter sites? I wonder if they might be of help?

NittyRanks commented about Victoria Theatre on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:54 pm

This appears on an old postcard of Main Street as well.

NittyRanks
NittyRanks commented about Brighton, NY - Rejoice, film lovers: Movies 10 has reopened on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:15 pm

This is around the corner from my work and one of our satellite clinics is next door. It’s a great alternative to higher priced theaters.

NittyRanks commented about Shea's Elmwood Theater on Aug 16, 2017 at 6:02 am

This was just featured on Facebook on this page “to I am a product of the west side of Buffalo New York”

NittyRanks
NittyRanks commented about Lakewood, OH - See The Inside Of Lakewood's Hilliard Square Theater Before Demolition on Mar 13, 2017 at 5:40 am

Man that is too bad.

NittyRanks
NittyRanks commented about Troy, NY - Troy gets state funds to aid project at historic downtown theater on Feb 1, 2017 at 7:34 am

I will check it out next time I am in Albany, NY for state meetings.

NittyRanks commented about Lockport Drive-In on Sep 20, 2016 at 12:30 pm

This was a one screen drive-in. I used to see it on the way to my grandmothers in the “Little Italy” section of Lockport NY. There was room for about 250 cars there according to a website. The original owner was Anthony Ragusa. I remember it was torn down in 1988 The Google map doesn’t show it but there is a couple old buildings still on site like the projection and snack bar buildings but you wouldn’t know by looking if you didn’t know it once stood there.There is a lot of garbage on site.

NittyRanks commented about Embassy Theatre on Jan 27, 2016 at 6:50 pm

This was on the show American Pickers tonight. They interviewed someone that was trying to save the theater at one time and he actually had some of the Art Deco style light fixtures in there that they bought

NittyRanks commented about Lake Theatre on Sep 28, 2015 at 9:47 am

If you Google the address you will see the picture of the theater. It is an appliance store but last year the marquee had to be taken down as it was in disrepair.

NittyRanks commented about RKO Fordham Theatre on Sep 16, 2015 at 10:04 am

This showed up over on a Facebook group:

NittyRanks commented about Ward Theatre on Sep 15, 2015 at 9:42 am

This just appeared over in the Facebook group “Old Images of the Bronx”

NittyRanks
NittyRanks commented about Owners' Hopes For Two Chicago Historic Theatres - Chicago Tribune on Jun 8, 2015 at 5:38 am

Chicago has had some amazing movie palaces.

NittyRanks
NittyRanks commented about Backstage at Atlanta's Fox Theatre on Jun 8, 2015 at 5:35 am

Pretty cool the last picture looks like the board before being installed.

NittyRanks commented about Eastown Theatre on Sep 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

Man that is so sad.

NittyRanks commented about Roxy Theatre on May 12, 2014 at 11:25 am

Now the church that was near it just burned. I know it’s a theater site but it’s sad nonetheless.

NittyRanks
NittyRanks commented about Downtown Buffalo’s only movie theater may soon go dark on Dec 6, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I hadn’t heard this. I was just near there a couple weeks ago.

NittyRanks commented about Tazewell Theatre on Nov 7, 2013 at 11:49 am

I saw the episode but that daughter said it was open in the 1970’s when Mike was talking to her? I wonder if that 1968 date is correct then?

NittyRanks commented about Fox Theatre on Dec 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Excellent thanks for that link!

NittyRanks commented about RKO Palace Theater on Aug 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Here is a local organist who has a lot of information on the theater and a Facebook page with great photographs:

NittyRanks commented about RKO Palace Theater on Aug 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm