Comments from NThomson

Showing 8 comments

NThomson commented about Queen's Cinerama Theatre on Oct 23, 2016 at 2:50 pm

My favourite movie being the 1969 War Blockbuster:– “Where Eagles Dare” and I remember seeing this at the Queens in 1974 just before I began my career here, all its glory on the 70mm giant screen… never forget it… nothing ever compares to this presentation….

NThomson commented about Odeon Newcastle upon Tyne on Oct 23, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I worked at this theatre from 1975 till closure, and news recently about its impending demolition is very sad, We`ve experienced some great premieres, special screenings, visits by celebrities etc… what a pity to lose such a historic building…

NThomson commented about Plaza Theatre on Mar 19, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Following a recent visit to the Plaza, I`ve never seen such a beautiful theatre..

NThomson commented about Queen's Cinerama Theatre on Jul 29, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Hope you all enjoy the two photos which I`ve uploaded from my personal collection of the Queens Cinema…

NThomson commented about Empire Cinema on Jun 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm

The Odeon complex opened in Nov 2002…

NThomson commented about Queen's Cinerama Theatre on Sep 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I began my working life as a projectionist here back in 1974,
before been transferred to the odeon in pilgrim street….
I dont think we will ever see a giant screen like it again... During a 70mm screening, there was nothing to compare it.... Picture and Sound quality were outstanding.... Screen size:- 75 x 31`.
I will remember the Queens with great affection….

NThomson commented about Alhambra Cinema on Sep 25, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I can remember seeing a film around 1973/4 with my family..
at the Alhambra and to my astonishment had gas lighting !!!!

NThomson commented about ABC Haymarket Newcastle upon Tyne on Sep 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm

HI, I took a few slides before closure, when Paul Beck kindly let me into the building to photograph it…..
Did you know Paul at all ??
I knew Tony Hartley too….
I worked at the Queens and Odeon as projectionist *