No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened as the Rozen Theatre, a cinema with live variety acts on 22nd March 1913. The architects were Z.D. Gulden and M. Geldmaker. A 1913 photograph of the auditorium (published in the book ‘Saturday Night At The Movies’-Part 1 by Richard van Bueren), shows attractive Art Nouveau stencil patterns on the side walls and around the proscenium.
It closed in June 1926 and re-opened under new management as the Asta Theatre where film continued for a while, but by 1933 French Revue styled shows were being staged. These finished with the German occupation on 3rd September 1940. It initially closed down but ran rather more staid shows during the war. By 1945 things were back to normal and operettas were staged, but the public were clammering for films and the final stage show was held on 28th February 1948.
The next day, it re-opened as a full time cinema re-named the Capitol. CinemaScope was installed in 1954 and at the same time a small 2nd hand Standaard organ was installed.
The Capitol Cinema closed on 10th June 1971 and returned to its original name; Rozen Theatre which is used by a fringe theatre group Art & Pro.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater