1418 Graham Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Arcadia Theater was built in 1920, and opened as a vaudeville house. Soon afterwards, however, the theater was also showing silents, and eventually sound pictures.
By 1963, the original owners, the Berwind White Coal Company, put the Arcadia Theater up for sale, and it would eventually pass to three successive owners during the 1960’s and early-1970’s. Around 1970, the Arcadia Theater was renamed Cinema 56, but by 1975, the theater closed its doors.
In 1977, just as the Penn Wood Players were making plans to make the theater their new home, a disastrous flood heavily damaged the theater, and they abandoned it, and it remained vacant until 1990. At that time, the Eureka Coal Heritage Foundation acquired the Arcadia, with the intent of restoring it to it 1920’s appearance, and transforming it into a performing arts venue.
It wasn’t until five years later, however, that funds became available to begin the work, but since that time, the Arcadia Theater has been beautifully renovated and brought back to life, and today hosts concerts and stage shows on its stage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater