RKO Jefferson Theatre
214 E. 14th Street,
6 people favorited this theater
Previous Names: B.F. Keith's Jefferson Theatre
The Jefferson Theatre opened in 1913 as a B.F. Keith’s vaudeville theater in what is now known as the edge of the East Village. Later the RKO Jefferson Theatre, this theater was located at 214 E. 14th Street near 3rd Avenue. The entrance was a narrow space between two tenement houses with the bulk of the theatre (auditorium) located in E. 13th Street. By 1926 it was operated by B.S. Moss Enterprises.
The RKO Jefferson Theatre operated until at least 1977. It lay empty for over two decades and was demolished in 2000. The site lay unused filled with bricks and debris from the demolition for many years. In 2014 the CityMD medical center had been built on the site of the E. 14th Street entrance, and an apartment building was on the E. 13th Street site of the auditorium.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.