3812 Park Boulevard,
8 people favorited this theater
Firms: Faxon & Gruys
Previous Names: Bush Egyptian Theatre, Fox Egyptian Theatre, Capri Theatre
News About This Theater
- Mar 17, 2013 — “South Pacific” 55th Anniversary – The Roadshow Engagements
- Oct 18, 2011 — Happy 50th, "West Side Story"
- Oct 6, 2010 — Happy 50th, "Spartacus"
- Nov 18, 2009 — Happy 50th, "Ben-Hur"
- Oct 30, 2009 — Happy 50th, "Sleeping Beauty"
Opened in 1923, and designed by architect Frank W. Stevenson as the Bush Egyptian Theatre. It was also known as the Fox Egyptian Theatre.
In 1954, the theatre was given an extensive ‘modern’ remodel to the plans of architect Frank Gruys of Faxton & Gruys, Architcts, and was renamed the Capri Theatre. This removed all trace of the original Egyptian style decorations, both externally and internally.
Later renamed the Park Theatre, after over seven decades, the Park Theatre, last operated by the Landmark Theatres chain, finally closed in 1997 and rapidly fell into decay.
In September 2003, the Park Theatre was torn down and a condominium constructed on the site, retaining part of the theatres' facade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.