716 Market Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Parker Theater opened around 1940. It was located on the east side of the 700 block of Market Street, between a bank on the corner and G.C. Murphys. (S.S.) Kresge’s (long before Kresge corporation morphed into K-Mart) was also in this block, along with Cox’s Department Store and Montgomery Ward on the opposite side of the street.
Smaller than either the Contemporaneous Smoot Theatre or the Burwell Theatre, the Parker Theater had a small ticket booth on the right-hand side of the entrance. It was comprised of a small lobby and the auditorium consisted of both a main floor and a balcony (which was not often open). Prices in 1960 were 25 cents for under 12’s and $1 for adults.
While it may not have shown the bigger releases, which were generally taken up by the Smoot Theatre, it did show mainline films.
The site is now occupied by a YMCA.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater