Odeon Brierley Hill
27 High Street, Quarry Bank,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Picture House opened on 1st October 1928 with Guy Newall in "The Ghost Train"(Der Geisterzug) and Pola Negri in "The Woman on Trial". It was the first cinema to be built by Oscar Deutsch (although he was already operating two cinemas in Coventry), and pre-dates by two years, his first Odeon Theatre which he built at Perry Barr, Birmingham.
The Picture House had a modest single storey entrance which contained a crush hall(waiting area). This led to the auditorium which lay behind, running parallel to the High Street. It was decorated in an Assyrian style and seating was arranged in stalls and circle.
The Picture House was taken over by Oscar Deutsche’s recently formed Odeon Theatres Ltd. on 17th July 1935 and was re-named Odeon from January 1936.
The Odeon closed on 25th July 1959 with Anthony Newley in "Idle on Parade". It was demolished and a Fine Fare supermarket was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater