Unit 4 Cinemas
Plane Street, Little Harwood,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Little Harwood district of Blackburn, the building was originally built in 1902 as a market hall. It opened as the Star Picture Palace on 28th December 1910 with an original seating capacity for 1,500. It had a small stage behind the 29 feet wide proscenium opening.
Independently operated by Edward Taylor, by the 1920’s it boasted a cafe attached, as another amenity. In 1930 the first talkie film here was Janet Gaynor in "Sunny Side Up".
The Taylor family continued to operated it until 1964 when it closed and was converted into a nightclub, know as the Starlight Club. In December 1970, the Tattershall family’s Unit 4 Cinemas took over the nightclub which had been closed.
They re-opened the building as the Unit 4 Cinema, with four mini-screens on one floor. They also added a lounge bar and a family bar to the building. The Unit 4 Cinemas were closed on 6th November 1982.
In 1995, the building was converted into a mosque. It is a Grade II Listed building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater