17-19 Commercial Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Regent Cinema opened in 1922 and was operated by the local independent Fifeshire Cinema Company. Designed by the architectural firm Roden & Anderson, the exterior has a Classical ‘church-like’ style, but the interior is decorated in an Art Deco style. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. The proscenium was 30 feet wide.
It is listed as open in 1966, but has gone from listings in 1980. By 1990 it was operating as an independent bingo club named the Kingsway Bingo Club. Later it was operated as a Gala Bingo Club. which closed around 2011. A community group took over the building and it re-opened as a cinema, but they ran into financial difficulties, and it closed in April 2013. In September 2014, the owner of the Kino, Glenrothes is interested in reopening the Regent Cinema.
On 28th September 1999, Historic Scotland designated the Regent Cinema a Grade C(s) Listed building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater