Avinguda de Sarria 33,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Cine Infanta opened on 5th October 1945 with 484 seats on a single level. In 1968, architects Josep Maria & Joan Antoni Castane re-modeled and re-furbished the cinema and it re-opened on 31st January 1969 as the Cine Aquitania with Jean Seberg in "Lilith", directed by Robert Rossen. It was the first art house cinema in Barcelona and had a slightly increased seating capacity of 488. The screen is wall-to-wall with no masking or curtains.
From 6th December 1972 it was taken over by the Cinesa group.
From 22nd November 1991, the Cinema Aquitania became the new home of the Filmoteca de la Generalitat de Catalunya. They had previously been operating from two other cinemas in the city since 1963.
The centrally located Filmoteca de Catalunya, screened the most recent International independent films in their original versions, and had a cult-like audience which seeks them out. It was closed in 2011 when the Filmoteca de la Generalitat de Catalunya moved into new premises. In 2013 it reopened as a live theatre, the Teatro Aquitania.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater