Redondo Beach Cinema 3
1509 Hawthorne Boulevard,
12 people favorited this theater
At one time, this was actually three separate free standing buildings — each one a large, modern single screen theater.
The first, simply called the South Bay Theater when it opened on December 29, 1964, was built close to Hawthorne Boulevard. Next to it were storefronts and a bowling alley. On the other side of the alley, Cinema 2 was built, another large, modern single screen house. A little further down, #3 was built which was the nicest of all and may have been equipped for 70mm.
Eventually, Cinema 2 was twinned, and then the original theater was tri-plexed in the 1980’s.
General Cinema later built a large multiplex in the adjacent shopping center and the two newer houses were closed.
The original theater operated as an independent, second-run triplex as the Redondo Beach Cinema 3 until it was closed on March 11, 2010. It was demolished in summer of 2010
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater