Rue Leopold 15,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located just behind the Brussels Opera House, the so called Theatre de la Monnaie, in the Rue L'Atildeopold since the 1920’s. It was first called Monnaie Cinema, changed name in the mid-1930’s and became Studio de l'Atilde to refer the Parisian Cinema. After World War II, it became the Monnaie Cinema again.
In the 1950’s it became L'Ecuyer Cinema because of its second entrance in the street Rue de l'Atilde was closed. In 1962 the last film shown was Walt Disney’s cartoon “101 Dalmatians”.
It was put in mothballs for years until the direction of Theatre de la Monnaie took it over to make a second theatre. In 1969 the musical “Man of La Mancha with Jacques Brel was performed there. Since then it was again closed. Now with the auditorium demolished, the entire block is now in renovation, with only the former Ecuyer entrance remaining. The word ‘Monnaie’ is engraved in stone and has been renovated and retained.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater