No one has favorited this theater yet
The Regal Cinema in Ringwood’s Market Place occupied the former Corn Exchange building, which dates back to 1868. It was converted for use as a Picture House in around 1914, and in 1931 was named Victoria Cinema. It was re-named Regal Cinema in 1936-7 and in 1939, the owners were A. Austin Pilkington’s Theatres. It would be around this time that noted cinema architect Ernest S. Roberts was employed to carry out renovations on the building.
The stage was 20ft deep and local people recall that there was a theatre organ. The Regal Cinema ceased being a full time cinema in 1959 when live shows were introduced, together with film performances. By 1964, it was operating only one night a week as a cinema, and was closed in 1972. It was converted into a shopping arcade, with a squash court above. Later, Route 42 night club, an Italian restaraunt and a few shops.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater