15 Northcote Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Bollingbroke Hall opened in 1880 as an assembly hall. On 6th October 1907, it became the Bio-Pictureland. In 1910 it became the Bio-Picture Palace with a seating capacity for 600. From 1917 until around 1923 it was re-named Bollingbroke Picture Hall.
From November 1928, work began on re-construction and enlargement by theatre architect Bertie Crewe and Walter Gibbons, with interior decoration by scenic artist Andre Chaussent. Now it had 963 seats, plus standing room for 160, plus a Compton organ with 2Manuals/5Ranks was installed, with the console on a lift. It re-opened as the Globe Cinema on 29th August 1930.
The Globe Cinema operated under the control of Monica Cinemas Ltd. until 1951, when it was taken over by the Granada Theatre chain and it was re-named Century Cinema from 2nd July 1951.
The Century Cinema was closed on 17th October 1964 with William Holden in "The Seventh Dawn" and "UK Swings Again". The building was stripped out and converted into a Tesco supermarket, later becoming a KwikSave supermarket and in 2009 it is a Somerfield supermarket.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater