New Chapel Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Feltham, just to the west of Hounslow, near Heathrow Airport. The building was originally a Wesleyan Chapel built in 1870. By 1912, it was operating as a cinema, known as Palace Cinema. In the 1920’s it was re-named New Cinema. In the mid-1930’s it was re-named Roxy Cinema, and by 1937, it was owned by W.S. Pinney of Norbury.
The Kinematograph Yearbook for 1940 lists the Roxy Cinema as closed, which would make a closing at the outbreak of World War II in September 1939 a good possibility, as all cinemas were ordered to close. Most were allowed to re-open after a few weeks, but there were a few which never re-opened. The Roxy cinema could have been one of those.
During World War II it was used for Civil Defence storage. The building was demolished in September 1967, and a housing project was built on an extended site in 1976. New Chapel Road no longer exists.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater