31 Staines Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Alcazar Cinema was the first purpose built cinema in Hounslow, a district to the West of what today is part of Greater London, and close to London’s Heathrow Airport. The Alcazar Cinema opened on 9th January 1913 with 998 seats, and two tiers of boxes in the auditorium. By 1918, it was operated by Animated Pictoria Enterprises Ltd.
It passed through several independent operators over the years, and by 1937 was operated by London & District Cinemas Ltd. They were taken over by the Granada Theatres Ltd. chain in 1947, and it retained the Alcazar name for a while. It was closed for short period to allow for modernisation to the designs of interior decorator W.F. Mudd.
It re-opened as the Granada on 21st December 1951. The Granada closed on 29th October 1960 with Peter Sellers in "Two Way Stretch" and Terry Thomas in "Carlton-Brown of the F.O.". The building was located next to the Regal/ABC Cinema.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater