420 Lincoln Road,
3 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Paramount Pictures Inc.
Firms: Weed & Reeder
Styles: Streamline Moderne
News About This Theater
The Beach Theatre was opened on December 25, 1940 with Jack Benny in “Love Thy Neighbor” plus a stage show. Built for Moses Ginsberg and Paramount Pictures Inc., this fantastic Streamline Art Moderne movie palace cost over $300,000 to construct.
It was designed by the firm of Weed & Reeder with Frank H. Shuflin, and with Hal Periera as associate architect and Robert Law Weed doing most of the interior design, which was an eclectic mix of tropical themes and Streamline Moderne.
The Beach Theatre was home to a nightclub in the late-1980’s, long after the theater had closed. After the nightclub closed, the lobby space was partitioned and converted into a bank and retail use.
In September 2007, it was annnounced that the former Beach Theatre would be converted into an upscale TAO restaurant (which also has locations in New York City and Las Vegas), but this never happened.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.