28 Holborough Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Snodland Picture Palace was opened on 23rd March 1912. The exterior was in plain brick, with an arched front. Inside the auditorium, seating was on a single floor and the decorative scheme was in a Gothic style. It was soon re-named Snodland Cinema, and later Grand Picture Palace.
In 1938 it had been re-named Queens Cinema. In that year, the new Wardona Cinema opened in Snodland, and the Queens Cinema was soon loosing business. It was closed in around 1940. During World War II it was used as a dance hall for servicemen.
It was converted into the Church of St. Thomas of Canterbury, Roman Catholic Church in the late-1940’s. In December 2006, proposals were made to close the church and a planning application was submitted in August 2007 and granted in November 2007, to demolish the building and erect housing on the site.
It has not been confirmed if demolition was carried out.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater