500 Pike Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Crystal Theater opened in 1927 with silent films in the tiny town of Meadow Lands, PA. There was once a trolley car line across the street that dropped the patrons off at the front door. While the kids enjoyed treats from the on-site penny candy store and huddled near the pot belly coal stove, parents went next door to the pool hall/speakeasy.
The theater closed with the passing of owner Mary Craig about 1970. Mary was known for her generosity. She would often turn her back and pretend not see the children that couldn’t afford the 5 cent admission sneaking into the theater. It was briefly a church, truck warehouse and silk screen printing shop until opening as The Old Show Antiques in 1974.
Mary Jewel Kirwan and her family ran the store until 2007. They chose to keep the original double-oak sloped floor. The projection room and storage area became an apartment. The building is currently up for rent by the new owner.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater