No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the north Victoria town of Numurkah, at the corner of Knox Street and Melville Street. The Town Hall was opened in 1939, and as it was designed for multi-purpose use, it was fully equipped with stage facilities and projection equipment. The Art Deco style building has in its auditorium, a flat floor on stalls level, and a small balcony with tip-up seats at the rear.
Known for many years as the Town Hall Pictures, it was operating as a cinema in 1952 as the Shire Hall. An unusual feature of the building was the adjacent Outdoor Theatre, which was served by the indoor theatre’s projection box, the portholes of which are located on both sides of the room (although the Outdoor Theatre has been built over years ago). Films are rarely screened today, but the Xenonsol arc Model 3, with Centrex base and C.W. sound head projectors are still in situ.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater