No one has favorited this theater yet
A conversion of the former Temperence Hall in 1912 provided Bridlington with the Picturehouse Cinema and the facade (pictured) dates from around this time. It was quickly renamed the Picturedrome (by 1913). It led a troubled life as it was nowhere near the center of town and often seems to have closed.
There were 400 seats in stalls and small balcony although later on 497 were listed in Cine Yearbooks.
British Eastern Electric sound was installed in 1930 and the cinema renamed the Adelphi. Closed and used for storage during the War the Adelphi reopened around 1948 when it had yet another new name – The Roxy.
Round about 1961 bingo took over – but occasional weeks of film seem to have been presented in 1962. Cinemascope was never installed here.
It is now an amusement arcade with a false ceiling very slightly above balcony level (showing the lower part of the balcony. Likely to be intact above.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater