Studio 1 & 2 Cinema
16 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Yeadon, near Leeds. The Yeadon Picture House opened on 3rd August 1925 with George O'Brien in “The Man Who Came Back”.
In February 1954 it was taken over by the Leeds based Star Cinemas chain and was re-named New Picture House. In 1971 the balcony was twinned and re-named Studio 1 & 2 Cinema. Each screen had just over 100 seats. The stalls area was converted into a bingo club. In 1985 it was taken over by the Cannon Cinemas group. Studio 1 & 2 closed on 30th Ocober 1986 with “Cinderella” and “Poltergeist 2 – The Other Side”. It was converted to a bingo hall, and remained as a bingo hall until 2004 when it was converted into The Aviator public house. The interior still shows evidence of its past with the rake of the upper floors. The Aviator was closed in February 2016 due to unruly behavour. It was refurbished and reopened as The Yard in March 2016.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater