2316 E. Colorado Boulevard,
4 people favorited this theater
Located in the Lamanda Park district of East Pasadena, the Warners Egyptian Theatre opened May 6, 1925, for vaudeville and movies and was built for and operated by Henry Warner. Theatre operator Henry Warner was not related to the famed Warner Bros. The theatre opened with an Egyptian style theme, which is retained today. Seating was provided all on one level, with no balcony.
Later renamed Uptown Theatre, it closed in the early 1980’s. The lobby area was converted into retail use as an antique furniture store, with the auditorium used for storage.
In the early-2000’s, the building was leased by a new operator, who planned to restore and re-open it as the Oasis Theatre. Repairs and redecoration work was carried out and some new seating was being fitted when the project came to an abrupt end, due to disputes which occured between the lessee and the building’s owners.
Since then it has remained shuttered and unused. It now remains one of Pasadena’s most endangered buildings. The original 1925 fire curtain, with original local advertisements painted on its front, still remains in situ.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater