Daffodil Picture House
18-20 Suffolk Parade,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The unusually named Daffodil Picture House is located a short distance from the town centre in the Montpellier district. It opened on 5th October 1922 with Mary Carr in "Thunderclap". Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels.
The Daffodil Picture House was closed on 7th September 1963 with Gregory Peck in "Cape Fear". It was converted into a bingo club, and this use lasted until May 1977. The building then became an antique and furniture showroom until 1989.
The building stood empty and unused for many years, still retaining its cinema seats and projection equipment. It was beautifully refurbished and re-opened as an up-market restaurant on 14th February 1998. Examples of original cinema seats and the old projectors are now on public display in the restaurant. Sadly, the Daffodil Restaurant was closed suddenly at the beginning of February 2016 when the business went into receivership.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater