New Boro Park Theatre
5102 New Utrecht Avenue,
8 people favorited this theater
The B.F. Keith’s Boro Park Theatre opened on April 7, 1921 with 6-acts of Keith vaudeville and on the screen William S. Hart in “O'Malley of the Mounted”. On September 5, 1923, it was taken over by Marcus Loew, who also took over the adjacent West End Theatre. It was equipped with an Estey organ.
In October 1966 it was renamed Yiddish Boro Park Theatre and offered variety on the stage and a movie, usually in Yiddish. By October 1967 it was renamed New Boro Park Theatre and offered art house movies and a stage show.
As was the case with some of these great old houses, the Boro Park Theatre ran XXX (much like its neighbor, the 46th Street Theatre, aka the Universal Theatre) in its waning days.
It closed in the early-1970’s and was torn down in August 1977. A branch of the US Post Office now stands on the corner under the elevated subway it once occupied.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater