Church Street Cinemas
1807 South Church Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Spoon Plaza Shopping Center, aka Zayre Plaza Shopping Center, this theater opened on March 23, 1970 as the Trans-Lux Inflight Cinema with the premiere attraction showing of “The Ballad of Cable Hogue” starring Jason Robards with a seating capacity of 700. It was renamed the Janus Theatre by 1973. By 1976, this theatre was twinned by splitting down the original auditorium into two sections, creating shoebox auditoriums with smaller screens. It was renamed the Janus Theatres 1 & 2 and it remained that way before it closed in the early-to-mid 1980’s.
It was renamed the Blue Moon Adult Theater that specialized in showing XXX-rated films,and the theater was purchased by Janus Theatres(now Carousel Cinemas). Later on, the theatre was again purchased by a High Point, NC-based company and was used as a second-run theatre for the next 10 years when it was renamed the Church Street Cinemas. By the mid-1990’s, it was later sold to a Durham, NC-based company who operated it as a Spanish language theater for two months before closing it’s doors in late-1999. It is now converted into a church.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater