King's Hall Cinema
133 Oakfield Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Anfield district of Liverpool at the corner of Oakfield Road and St. Domingo Vale. The King’s Hall Cinema was opened in December 1912, and was part of John F. Wood’s Bedford Cinemas chain. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels, and there was a billiard hall in the basement. Alterations were made to the auditorium in August 1915, when the roof was raised above the balcony seating area.
It was taken over by the General Theatres Corporation, and in May 1928, it became part of the Gaumont British Theatres chain. They equipped it for sound films and it screened its first talkie Lola Lane in “Mirth and Melody” on 14th July 1930. This was a short lived venture, as GB closed the King’s Hall Cinema in October 1930, and it was demolished to build their new 1,600-seat Gaumont Palace on the site, which opened in December 1931.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater