7 place Saint-Michel,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Latin Quarter district on the south side, (Left Bank) of the River Seine. The building was originally the Bouillon Gandon Restaurant. In 1912, it was converted in the Saint-Michel cinema. Seating was provided for 500 in orchestra and balcony levels. It had a rear projection box at the back of the screen.
In 1981, it was twinned. On 21st October 1988, the interior of the cinema was destroyed in a fire. It had been started by a religious fanatic protesting the Saint-Michel cinema screening the Martin Scorsese film “The Last Temptation of Christ”. Thirteen people were injured in the blaze, one of them seriously.
The auditoriums were rebuilt and it reopened in October 1991 as the Espace Saint-Michel. Seating is proved for 100 and 130 in the two auditoriums. The cinema now has a restaurant and bookshop and a clubroom for patrons to meet and discuss films.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater