103 High Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Located in Selsey, West Sussex. Built in 1913 as the Selsey Hall, used for functions, live shows and events. It had a 20 feet wide proscenium, the stage was 12 feet deep and there were two dressing rooms. Seating was provided in stalls and a small balcony. It was granted a Cinematograph Licence in August 1913, an film shows were then part of the programming and it became the Cinema. It was renamed Pavilion Cinema in 1924. On 20th August 1926, the building was badly damaged by fire.
Repairs were carried out and it re-opened in 1927. Around 1930 it was equipped with a Morrison sound system, replaced by a British Acoustic(BA) sound system in the mid-1940’s. The Pavilion Cinema was closed on 19th September 1964 with Hayley Mills in “Summer Magic”. For many years now, it has been occupied by W.K. Thomas & Co. Ltd. who deal in used catering appliances.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater