5 Woodbridge Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Electric Cinema, Astor Cinema, Studio 1, Studio 1 & 2
Opened as the Electric Cinema on Boxing Day, 26th December 1911 -a conversion from a skating rink. Refurbished in 1927 with a café. In December 1959 it taken over by Gardner Cinemas and the name became Astor Cinema.
It became Studio Cinema 1 when Star Cinemas took over on 22nd March 1970. Star Cinemas twinned the cinema in May 1971 (Another source dates this as March 1970) and it became Studios 1 & 2 with seating for 560 & 228 seats. Cannon took over Star Cinemas on 29th November 1985 and it was re-named Cannon 1 & 2. They planned modernisation in March 1988 but did not proceed due to cost, and the Cannon 1 & 2 was closed on 31st March 1988. The Flicks Nightclub took over the building in 1990. It had closed by 2012, and the building stood unused until it was demolished in March 2015.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.